Friday 3 August 2018

One Item Challenge - Retrobeat

My last One Item Challenge was quite fun so it's time for another round, this time with a psychedelic item! The item for this challenge is the Woollen Jacket in the yellow colour scheme from Retrobeat. This item is one of my favourite outers from the Retrobeat brand so I thought it would be the perfect item to try to use in other styles/images.



Psychedelic
First off, here is the jacket in an outfit based around it's original style psychedelic. For this look I decided to go with an animal theme by using the bear tote bag and the kitty socks. I went with a brown colour scheme as Retrobeat has something brown toned items. I got a bit stuck with the inner as Retrobeat doesn't have a good range of basic looking coloured inners (they are usually all over the place colour and pattern wise). So I went with this strappy top to match the colour of the skirt.



Girly
For the girly look, I went with some high-waisted shorts and heeled boots for the main pieces of the outfit. I found this cute bag which happened to match the colours in the outfit. The inner has a motif that matches the tones of the woollen jacket so that worked out perfectly.



Lively
A bit more colour in this outfit, well if you count black as a colour. For the lively outfit, I decided to go with a casual look. This outfit is perfect for autumn weather when it's a bit cold out but still warm enough for a t-shirt underneath your outer. Looking at this outfit again, I have no clue which shoes I picked. I thought I wasn't wearing any for a moment!





Eastern
I brought some green tones into the eastern outfit for this challenge. I used one of the cute bunny/moon dresses from Kanokoi which I don't think I've ever used past brand guides. It matches the woollen jacket quite well as it has a similar colour scheme. Paired some nice flats and a green bag for the rest of the outfit and my favourite rice ball earrings of course.



Basic
You can probably notice that this challenge is going to have quite a few brown toned outfits as those colours match nicely with the woollen jacket. The basic outfit is another brown toned outfit. I decided to use a few new items to Basic U for this outfit as I'm a big fan of the longer skirts from the brand.



Boho-Chic
This one turned out just lovely! I thought it turned out well as the tones in the dress from Soy matched the tones of the jacket. The Soy brand has some nice pieces when you work out how to coordinate them properly. I'd definitely wear this outfit normally in the game or put it up on Shopdo as I like how stylish it looks.



Gothic
Now I'm not sure if this one looks gothic or not. I mainly used items from a variety of brands as the colours I wanted weren't all available in Raven Candle. I think these apple skirts from Purple Moon work perfectly in gothic outfits as I've used them in the past. The outfit is cute overall, just not sure if it matches the gothic feel of the style.



Baby-Doll
Just a simple coordinate for the baby-doll style. I used some of the more casual pieces from Marble Lily and used yellow tones for the main pieces. Kinda looks like a lemon pie or something with the skirt and inner. Marble Lily has some nice necklaces but I rarely use them as they get covered up by other items. So I thought this was the perfect chance to use one for this outfit.



Bold
Now I wasn't entirely sure how the bold style would work out with this jacket but I think it worked! I went for a cool looking outfit and thought I'd give cargo pants a try for once. I've never been a huge fan of cargo mainly due to wearing them a lot as a kid when they were in fashion. Such a cringey moment in fashion. Nowadays I just think they look too baggy and have too many pockets (I've never know which one I'd put something in!). But the pants totally work for this look as well as the handbag.



Rock
I feel this outfit was more just me chucking items onto my character. I wanted to try using items from Stage Dive that I rarely use so I went with this dress. I've never actually used this dress before because I tend to stick to the more patterned items from the brand. Put some headphones on of course because you cannot have a rock outfit in Styling Star without them!



Chic
The woollen jacket kinda works for the chic look because usually my chic outfits look this crazy. I pretty much just went for any gold, brown or black tones items for the outfit. I think it works, I'd totally sell it to someone like Angelique. I debated which necklace to use for a little while as there was a few that matched the outfit. I decided on this black one as I thought it would be more noticeable in photos than the thinner necklaces.



Feminine
The feminine style is such a lovely style in the game and has some amazing pieces in it's main brand Chorale. For the feminine outfit, I went for a stylish look that is perfect for business meetings. I thought the seashell necklace was a nice touch to the outfit and Chorale does have some of the best necklaces in the game. Used my favourite headband in the outfit and this is usually the only headband I use that often in the game. I like using it as it looks so simple and comes in a range of colours.



Preppy
This style is one of my favourite styles to create outfits for and I tend to spend a fair amount of time working on them. I just enjoy trying to create the perfect combination of items for the outfit. For the preppy outfit, I went with a brown colour scheme to create a casual look perfect for shopping. Knee high boots always look stylish in preppy outfits and I'm always torn between using them or knee high socks.



Purple Moon
Went for a cute bunny look for the Purple Moon outfit. I used the entire Dress of Hearts set along with shoes from Marble Lily. I always find it annoying that the outfit sets from Purple Moon often don't have shoes in them so you need to find alternatives in other brands. Luckily these flats from Marble Lily match the pattern on the socks perfectly. I added in the bunny headband from another Purple Moon set to complete the bunny look.



Sporty
You could call this look sporty or preppy as the looks are quite similar. Finally used some overalls in an outfit, I need to work on using them more often. I don't think this outfit is perfect for doing actual sport, but maybe more along the lines of going to a match or heading to a grand final party. I don't follow any sports myself, AFL is quite big here in Australia. The only thing I really care about with the sport is whether or not it's on in town the same time I'm going to be in town because that means the tram will be packed and there's crowds of people everywhere.




Glam/Flirty
Last but not least is the glam/flirty look! I don't think this woollen jacket was made for this style as it doesn't suit the look very well. I tried to go for a gold glitter inspired look and somehow avoided using  the animal print socks like I always do. This is probably the least successful outfit in this collection, I guess psychedelic and glam/flirty don't mix.




Well that's all for the One Item Challenge for Retrobeat! This one was a bit tricky with some styles, but most worked out well. Which look was your favourite from the challenge? If you enjoyed this outfit challenge, don't forget to check out my previous One Item Challenge for Marble Lily.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome challenge ! This coat was a nice choice, it goes very well with brown color.

    My favourite are psychedelic, girly and purple moon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coat is one of the more versatile items from Retrobeat, so I thought it would work well.

      My fave would be the Boho-Chic one.

      Delete