Wednesday 3 April 2024

Shopdo Visits - One More Time

A sad moment this week with the online services for the 3DS being turned off by Nintendo on the 8th of April. I cannot believe it is actually happening and I have many great memories using the service. Sadly with no online, the Shopdo feature in New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star and Style Savvy: Styling Star will no longer be functional. NOOO!! I've spent so much time on it and it was always such a big part of my blogs. So I thought for one more time, I would go visit some players on the Shopdo app and take some cute photos whilst I still can.

Starting off, I headed to the recent section of Shopdo and visited whoever came up. No idea if any of these are recent players or older uploads. Are people even still playing Styling Star online? Like I still play the game, but usually by myself. Everyone had on gorgeous outfits and it was fun seeing the boutique layouts. I totally forgot about decorating the boutique recently and how limited it was in the game.








I had no idea what this outfit I had on was from and maybe it was from an old challenge. So I decided to head back to my apartment to change into something else. I went with one of my favourite outfits from the scrapbook and headed back to Shopdo. For my last set of visits, I went through my favourites list I had saved over the years. Sadly some players were no longer available as I assume they no longer owned the game or some players have changed their outfit and boutique to the bare bones. Luckily quite a number of my favourite players were still online so I could take some cute photos.






Everyone looked so lovely and it was fun taking the duo photos! One thing that bugs me about Fashion Dreamer is not being able to pose the other player when taking photos in the cocoon. Think of all the cool poses we could do if that was possible! I forgot how limited the duo poses were however there are some nice ones. I tend to stick with the early face poses as well as they are the best ones. My faves came through with the gorgeous outfits and I remembered how much I adore every ones style. These players had something unique going on and you could get an idea for their personality.





A number of players had this wallpaper and it must've been super popular! It is rather dreamy and matched Lolita style boutiques well. Shame we will never know if there will be a direct Style Boutique/Style Savvy sequel to Styling Star. Fashion Dreamer has grown on me more however I do miss the management aspect and knowing how many items to collect. The online mode is great though with how easy it is to interact with another player. Shopdo was fun but it was limited and I hated how I could never visit players in other regions due to region locking.




And so comes an end to my Shopdo visits adventures and honestly it has been fun. I swear the same players probably appeared multiple times as I tended to visit my favourites quite often. Made some nice memories on Shopdo and it really has lasted longer than I thought. It was cool to see accounts still uploaded unlike the Design Centre! Now I have no idea what was going on here but when I went onto the Design Centre app, everything was gone. The game erased everything I had uploaded and I had no idea what happened. Not like I used this feature much, I was more just confused. Oh well I was hopeless at designing clothes in Styling Star anyway! I hope you enjoyed this post and all my other Shopdo adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment