Wednesday 5 July 2023

After School Bang! - Single Review (CD Only)

I'm back with another After School CD review and this time it is their Japanese single Bang! I thought I would post all three versions for the next few reviews as I have all of them in my collection ready to go. Feels like forever ago when I brought this single and that was back when After School was still a group! Ugh makes me so annoyed that this group suffered a terrible end and we could've had many more amazing songs from the girls!


Bang! is the debut Japanese single from Korean girl group After School who is also known as AFTERSCHOOL in Japan. This single was released on August 17th 2011 and came in three versions: Limited Edition CD+DVD Type A, Limited Edition CD+DVD Type B and CD Only. The song was also previously released as a digital single a few days earlier and is the Japanese version of their hit song 뱅! Bang! I brought my copy from YesAsia and I actually have an extra copy as I got one from a seller on Yahoo Auctions as part of bulk lot of After School CDs. My original one is the only one to include a photocard however and I got E-Young who is quickly becoming my new bias in the group! Of course I got the CD Only version which comes with the following contents:
  • CD - 5 track single
  • Jewel case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • OBI
  • Photocard (Random 1 from 10 types)
  • Promotional flyer












I'd highly recommend getting the CD Only version of this single if you want it as you get the best amount of tracks. The CD+DVD versions only have the first two tracks and of course you need this version to get the awesome Bang! instrumental. Love love love the Japanese version of Bang! and still crank it on the stereo to this day. Just something about this song that is amazing and the Japanese version is my favourite of the two. The Japanese version has a different sound to the Korean one but keeps the overall marching band feel of the song. Super Sexy is another smash song and matches the feel of the group perfectly. The track listing for the CD Only version of Bang! is as follows:
  1. Bang! [Japanese Ver.]
  2. Super Sexy
  3. 뱅! Bang!
  4. Bang! [Japanese Ver.] (Instrumental)
  5. Super Sexy (Instrumental)

Hard to say if this single is still available for purchase as it is listed as on backorder on selected sites and out of print on others. I was surprised to see After School Japanese singles still available for order considering how old the group and the singles are. I will be back soon with another version of Bang! so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment