Monday 3 July 2023

June Favourites

June has definitely been the fastest month of 2023 as I felt like I blinked and missed the entire thing. It feels like we were only just at the beginning and now it's the 3rd of July. June was a crazy month weather wise here with lots of rain and storms. There was an intense cold front which was horrible as I cannot stand the cold weather and having to wear thermals constantly. The rain hasn't been bad the last few days however it is going all next week. Anyway here is a cute pic of Pudge at his birthday this month in my Animal Crossing town. Too adorable!!!

Gaming

There was a good sale recently on the e-shop so I picked up some new titles. Mainly puzzle games as that is my favourite genre on the switch. I did get Pixel Paint 2 as I loved the first one except it doesn't work well with a stylus. So disappointing as the game is a billion times better using the stylus to colour. Whenever I try to use the stylus like I would in the first game, it just moves the screen around. So I haven't played that one much as colouring using the joy-cons is so boring and tedious. Also picked up the Island Cities game which is the sequel to Island Farmer. Another great game on the console and I've almost finished the Cities one already. A sequel Pretty Princess Party was released and it made me remember that I actually brought the first one and forgot. So silly and I cannot believe I hadn't played it until now. Only played a small bit as I've been busy and it is quite fun. Very cute and the mini games are exciting.

Books

Thought I would bring in a new section to the monthly favourites as all I tend to do nowadays read. Lately I've been kind of bored with Youtube so I decided to try out listening to an audiobook. I've always stayed away from them as I thought they would be difficult to follow and remind me of podcasts which my brain doesn't like listening to. So far I've listened to three Agatha Christie books and I'm hooked! I'm a big fan of mystery stories and these are enjoyable to play in the background whilst I do stuff. Plus I can add the reading stats to my Goodreads and Storygraph apps with the later having some great audiobook tracking.

Music

Has anyone else been watching Queendom Puzzle? I wasn't too sure about following it at first because I didn't enjoy Girls Planet 999. But some of the girls on the show are from my favourites groups so I tuned into the first episode. Now I'm hooked and have been taking part in the voting. Juri from Rocket Punch is my number one pick then I've been voting for Yeonhee as well.

Some of my K-Pop albums finally came in that I had on order at my local music store. The Oh My Girl one is so thin and has a gorgeous photobook. Wasn't sure which version of Signal I was going to get and I'm pleased with this one as it has the cutest concept. I didn't take a photo of the photocards but I got Tzuyu and Jihyo. Aespa was actually scheduled to be released here in Australia on the 30th and I had my order in for that one as soon as it listed. Was hoping the Spicy Version of the Zine would be the one that my store got and it was! AND in even more luck, I got my bias Ningning for the photocard. Ah! So perfect. I thought about getting Ningning's poster version but I didn't feel it was worth it. SM is really starting on these poster versions as I've seen other SM groups doing them. I ended up getting some Aespa LOMO photocards instead from overseas along with some TWICE ones. They look lovely on my pinboard and you get some great pictures in them.

Also my Girls Aloud CD finally came in after a few weeks wait. No stock had come to any store so it seemed to be a supply issue. Rather exciting to get both Aespa and Girls Aloud on the same day. I've been looking forward to this album since it was announced as I never owned the original Sound Of The Underground when it first came out. Plus this one is a 3-disc set so you get so much content. Apologies for the low quality photo as this cover was awful to photograph with my phone camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment