Wednesday 29 March 2023

WJSN 4th Mini Album Dream Your Dream - Album Review (φορευς Phoreus Version)

Since WJSN has been in the news recently for their contract renewal, I thought I would post one of my WJSN mini albums. The group has always been one I've been interested in from a casual perspective and have three of their releases in my collection. WJSN has such a beautiful concept and their physical releases never disappoint. Today is all about their mini album Dream You Dream!


Dream Your Dream is the 4th Mini album from Korean girl group WJSN (also known as Cosmic Girls). It was released on February 27th 2018 in three versions: φορευς Phoreus, αγυρτης Agyrtis and ενυπνιον Enypnion. I brought my copy second hand from Japan so it didn't include all the original extras. Mine is missing the photocard (13 versions), poster (3 versions) and bookmark (3 versions). The album super cheap which is the usual price for K-pop releases that don't have the extras included. I got the φορευς Phoreus Version of the mini album and it contained the following:
  • CD - 6 track mini album
  • 72 page photobook














































The mini album has a good number of tracks for a mini and it includes the Chinese version of the title track. Early WJSN releases included Chinese versions which I'm always a fan of and I prefer the Chinese version of quite a few of tracks. Dream Your Dream isn't my favourite WJSN release and I just like having it in my collection.
  1. 꿈꾸는 마음으로 Dreams Come True
  2. 호두까기 인형 Love O'Clock
  3. 르네상스 Renaissance
  4. 설레는 밤 Starry Night
  5. 겨울잠 Thawing
  6. 꿈꾸는 마음으로 Dreams Come True [Chinese Ver.]

Sadly this mini album is out of print and you would need to find it second hand if you wanted a physical copy. You can still buy most of their albums on Korean CD sites and it is amazing how many they have released! Their mini albums alone are up to number 9 and I'd like to see a new full album from them considering Happy Moment was back in 2017. It will be interesting to see what direction the group goes now that they have renewed their contracts and are a smaller team.


No comments:

Post a Comment