Tuesday 31 January 2023

January Favourites

Ah this month has been mental! I feel like I didn't accomplish anything and now we are somehow at February already. I'm not even ready for this months favourites and I have no clue what to talk about. When I was in town the other weekend, I did come across this gorgeous Barbie display in a toy store. Look at all those collector Barbies!! They even had the new Rewind line which is super cool and I like the designs of those dolls. Unfortunately I didn't find what I was actually looking for in this store which was some Sylvanian Families toys. They are my new obsession and I'm trying to find the perfect one to buy as my first one. Sadly I haven't come across it yet so I shall keep searching.

Gaming

Finally got a stylus for my switch! I've been playing stacks of pixel art and puzzle games on the console and its much easier with the stylus. Totally obsessed with the games I got during the boxing day sales and I've somehow played 7 hours of Hatsune Miku Puzzle. Like it's really good and I haven't even started the hard levels yet with the 300 pieces!

Beauty

Ordered some products from Revolution Beauty even though I wasn't originally planning to. I was going about my life when they sent an email for Buy 2 Get 1 Free. So I thought why not have a look however I ended up buying all sale items which is what I usually do on the site. You can get such good deals! I love their brushes and wanted to get more for my collection. I do have Morphe brushes but I find they wear out quicker and the Revolution ones work better for me. Picked up the Beetlejuice set as it had all the eyeshadow brush types I like. Also got two lip glosses because I'm obsessed with Revolution lip products. The other two items were a coffee detox eye cream thing and a lip scrub which ended up leaking all over the package. Luckily only the brush box was damaged and I wasn't going to keep it anyway. One of my lip glosses was also cracked but no serious damage. Didn't have much luck with this order but it can happen.

Also brought some cute lip balms whilst out shopping with my friend this weekend. I seriously don't need anymore lip products however I cannot help myself. You don't see lip balms around too often and the product was on sale. It's a little set of three lip balms from a brand called Chi Chi. I used to have stacks of Chi Chi makeup as a teenager as it is an Australian brand you can buy in department stores. The brand is vegan which is great and the lip balms have a nice texture to them. I've only tried the Mandarin and Lime so far which I like and I'm guessing Strawberry will be as described. Saw on some websites that there is another set with grape, berry and cherry. That would be fun to get as well.

Music

My K-Pop Collection post for 2022 finally got posted this month so check that out if you are interested. I will try to get the J-Pop one up next month as I have been too busy to do stuff on my computer recently. In the K-Pop post I talked about the two Red Velvet albums I got so they were my new additions this month. Still waiting on my Red Summer album which I need to follow up on. Ordered a Cignature album as well so we shall see how long that takes to get in. 

This month I've been enjoying two older albums from Australian artists Human Nature and Scandal'us. People may know Human Nature from their performances in Las Vegas but over in Australia, they were first know as a boy group in the 1990's. Kind of like our versions of *Nsync and the Backstreet Boys. Scandal'us was a group formed off a tv show called Popstars and was quite short lived. However I had been looking for their album for years and eventually found it last year in a random op shop for under 50 cents. Good thing my power was out otherwise I would've never visited there. I love watching old Australian music videos on youtube as the quality is so nostalgic! Even better if someone has just ripped the video from a VHS taping of Video Hits or Rage which were music video shows here years ago. Rage is actually still running and you can watch it from like 11pm till 6am on certain nights.





No comments:

Post a Comment