Wednesday 31 January 2018

January Favourites

The first month of 2018 has just flown by! Can't believe it's the end of January already and it will be February tomorrow. Or as I like to call it, the one month that is impossible to spell. This month I managed to put out quite a few blog posts and I'm proud of myself for keeping this blog updated regularly. I've got ideas for future blog posts so it should be an exciting year. Anyway onto the monthly favourites!

Gaming
Once again, I've been playing a variety of games this month. Been playing a bit of Style Boutique 3 of course and have been posting play journals here of my adventures. Trying to collect clothing items currently and I wish you could make money at the other shops as I need all the dollars I can get to buy new items!

A cute mannequin display I made this month.

Still playing Disney Magical World on the 3DS. There was a moment a while ago where I absolutely hated the game as I could never get the items I need as they drop randomly. The cafe parties are the biggest issue for me currently. I've managed to get the Minnie Star Medal one, but I'm having difficulty with the Donald one at the moment. I've held three 8 combo parties and he still won't give me a medal. Ugh, this game. However I had made a significant dent in completing the furniture collection. I just wish the items cost less coins to craft as some are like 1200000!

Last month I brought this cute game on Steam called Castaway Paradise which is kinda like Animal Crossing. I've been playing it quite a bit this month and it's rather enjoyable. I'm slowly working on doing landscaping on the island, just waiting until I unlock the garden pack as I really want the stone walls that come with it. I only have one more stone bridge to unlock and then I've completed all the puzzle pieces parts of the game. I wish the quests were a bit more varied and that you could reject them. I hate the donate a shell to the museum one as I literally have only two more to donate for the collection but haven't come across them. Only have four more Steam achievements to unlock in the game and one is for growing all the flowers in the game. So I've set up this little area on the island to grow each type of flower. I still have quite a few to unlock as I'm only at Level 26 currently. The hydrangea flowers would be my favourite style of flower, but I'd like to try and plant a variety of types around the island once I know what they all look like.

My little flower area in Castaway Paradise

Growing some vegetables!

Music
Didn't get any new albums this month, but I've exploring Yahoo Auctions for good deals on albums on my wishlist. So hopefully this year I'll pick up a few bargains of J-Pop albums I've been wanting for a while. Music wise, I've been loving E-girls still especially the E.G. Crazy album. It's just so amazing! I'd rank it as my number one album of all time now as all the tracks are perfect. Even if I don't like a track, I always play the album in the car and I start loving it!

Art 
I wish I had more time for art, but it was something I missed doing this month. I managed to squeeze in some time to experiment with galaxy paintings with watercolours. I know I'm super late to the trend, but they are just so intriguing. I love watching videos of artists making them on instagram. I tried making one myself, but I used just cheap Monte Marte paper (Australian brand you can buy at discount stores here) and some random white acrylic paint I had lying around for the stars. It turned out ok and I definitely learnt the dos and does of the galaxy paintings. The watercolour paint I used is the Sakura Koi brand. It was a fun little project and I'm looking forward to trying it out again.

My attempt at a galaxy painting with watercolours.

Sewing
This month I started working on a new sewing project. Unfortunately didn't get to finish it this month like I was originally planning, but it's getting there. I've been making the Romper from this New Look pattern 6373 which is view B on the pattern. It has been a good pattern to work with as it had some new techniques I had actually never tried. I've been sewing for years, but only really stuck with dresses and skirts. So it was interesting trying something new. The fabric I'm using is quite hard to work with but looks stunning as it has this amazing paint splatter pattern on it. Looks great with the flounce part of the outfit.

   

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing sewing this year too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That galaxy painting looks great! You really love your galaxies don't you. :P
    Do you draw a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so beautiful when painted with watercolours. I used to do art many years ago, but took a break from it. I've been getting back into it recently

      Delete