Wednesday 2 March 2022

New Style Boutique - Recreating Fashion Show Outfits

Back in January I posted a play journal featuring various fashion show outfits from New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward. Well I was sitting around recently and thought it would be a cool idea to try to recreate those looks in New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star! It actually was super easy to find the items and there was only a few parts I got stuck on. All of these were five star winning outfits in the fashion show so it will be interesting to see how that look translates to the visual style of Styling Star.

For each outfit, I've included a screenshot of the original outfit for reference. My screenshots from Fashion Forward are like the worst quality and what on earth was I doing to them back in the day. Or where they just that bad? I remember I used to try to edit them in photoshop but nowadays they just look blurry to me. And I just got new glasses so I'm definitely not going blind. The quality of taking photos in the game improved drastically between the two games except for the fact you can only delete 15 photos at a time. I hate that as it takes me forever to clear out my album.

Starting off with what the game refers to as a cute look and I'm more inclined to call it girly than cute. Super simple to recreate and the only part I had trouble with was the hair colour. I couldn't get this beautiful ice blonde colour and went with a standard blonde instead. The theme description is a bit off as it describes a cute princess which I would think is more Marble Lily style than Marzipan Sky. This outfit is definitely cute but I wouldn't say princess style.









Next we have this...psychedelic look I shall call it. It feels very Retrobeat and the outfit is made up of items from that particular brand (excluding the socks). Looks a bit silly and who knows how I figured out to pair these items together. Back in Fashion Forward, I was all about this skirt and socks. I used these April Bonbon socks in way too many outfits and there was a purple/green toned one I think that I was crazy about. The eyeball skirt was a favourite as it reminded me of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's outfit in the PonPonPon MV. Ran into a bit of trouble with this outfit as I couldn't replicate the hairstyle as this particular one didn't make it over to Styling Star. So many good hairstyles were lost :(










Next up we have a sporty outfit for the fun theme! When I think fun, I would think more along the lines of the lively style. The game I guess thought it meant sporty which can be fun sometimes. Sport wise I'm more into things like bowling which I used to do a fair bit with friends before the omicron outbreak. Looking at this outfit, it makes me miss the sporty style and it's brand Streetflow. All these items just look so good together and the yellows and blues match well. This look wasn't too hard to recreate until I got to the pants. I searched and searched for them before realising they had been removed. Decided to go with some longer ones in a similar colour scheme which isn't as much fun as the theme should be.









Now this theme matches the outfit perfectly! Cool is the best word to describe this look and it was a piece of cake to find these items. They are pretty unique looking and I knew which brands they fell under - AZ-USA. The sunglasses were the hardest part as I couldn't tell which shade they were as the ones in Styling Star are a bit different. Like they look more realistic so they don't have that cartoonish feel to them which made it hard to match. The hairstyle was easy to match however it looks different in terms of hair direction. Styling Star has a more downward style mohawk whereas Fashion Forward is more spiked up.









Last outfit is a chic feminine ensemble and I really went crazy with this one. Where did I get the idea to use these tights with this dress and why does it kinda work?! If I look at it slightly from a afar, they almost look like the same print. So glad I used these glasses years ago as I do love them and they look stunning in Styling Star. This hairstyle was always my go-to chic hairstyle in Fashion Forward and I was happy to see it return in the next game.









No comments:

Post a Comment