Wednesday 9 March 2022

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Island Progress

Slowing making my way through old Animal Crossing New Horizons screenshots. We have finally got into the ones were I'm terraforming my island and it actually looks decent. Hard to believe my island looked this empty at one point in time and it seemed so much bigger! First picture is a lovely shot of a random bridge and you can just feel the calm from this picture. The sky was quite pretty this day and there was a light shower going over the island. Second photo is of Marshal declaring his love for me out in the middle of nowhere. This little squirrel is so adorable and couldn't imagine my island without him.



Speaking of Marshal, I crashed into his house one day with a mission. I was going to get him to stop wearing that hotdog outfit that a villager gifted him. It's just not his style! Thought the vampire costume was more up his alley and he seemed to like it. Looks way cuter and whilst the hotdog was amusing, it just made me cringe every time I saw him in it.




Bill also got hold of  a new outfit and it looks rather stylish on him. I'm not one for gifting outfits to my villagers as I like them to keep wearing their OG outfits. Maybe I should start gifting them more outfits that suit their appearance and personality? Doesn't Bill have a gorgeous house layout? Every item fits well together and I like the overall theme. Mira unfortunately got the boot from Marzipan in order to have Hamphrey move in. Like I loved Mira in New Leaf but she just wasn't the same in New Horizons. I also hated her house with those dinosaurs.




More terraforming means more bridge and incline openings. So many of these play journals end up having these and I swear the end is almost here. Now that I'm terraforming my island, I'll have them all in the correct places. When designing my town, I really wanted a bridge that went diagonally but couldn't find the right location. After shifting around some rivers, I settle on this tiny stream area up on a raised cliff area. Once it was built, it actually looked really nice!




A few more incline dedication ceremonies and these are my favourite as the villagers always stand in the weirdest locations. Actually got all ten villagers to this ceremony which is a feat as usually someone is sick or just moving in lately. Opened another incline a few days later in an area where I'm going to build some sort of crafting/art section. Thought the sunken area was a neat idea and it opens up into a cliff face by the sea. Planning on placing some art themed items by the water to look like someone is painting there.






This particular incline stumped me and it took me ages to decide where to place it. I was pondering over how many spaces to leave on the sides as I wanted it to be even on each but it just wouldn't work. In the end, I went by how it was placed in relation to where I will place the house up on the cliff. Thinking of moving Frita up here as I want to space out my villager houses all over the island.



Bob is still wearing this tunic get-up from the last play journal and doesn't he look adorable with his little broom!?!? It matches the medieval theme of this outfit actually. If only he would hold onto that broom all the time. Next photo is of Marshall singing outside his home and I slapped a filter over it to make it all 'aesthetic'.



Frita is currently living near my house just over the bridge but I'm just not feeling it. There isn't much space around her house and there is no room for trees. I like having a good number of trees to give a forest feel and there isn't enough room on the cliffs for them. So I'm going to move her to the previously mentioned location and turn this area into a mini café. The other photo is of Wendy being just too sweet and welcoming me into her house. I like the simple layout of her place and that watermelon tee is a stylish choice.




Another Bob appearance now with him commenting on the islands tourism program. Or lack of? Does the notice board count as my friends enjoy writing messages about my island on there whether they be polite or jokes. After that Hamphrey has finally moved in and his house is amazing! Very similar to Bill's layout with the eastern styled furniture items. Love the Kotatsu and I used to have one in my house in New Leaf!






Last few photos now and it's of some adventures around the island. Bob is doing a workout in a stylish 80's looking suit for some reason. Like why? But then again it is Bob so why am I questioning it. Weird he wouldn't put on his sporty attire for this. Final photo is of Bill and I doing some fishing outside Marshal's house. I decided on placing ponds in various locations around the island so they were well spaced apart. For some reason, my brain thought that would spawn rarer pond fish between them. Don't know what logic was behind that!



No comments:

Post a Comment