Tuesday 17 March 2020

Random CD Haul

Something new on the blog today as I thought I would post a random CD haul of all the ones I've been picking up randomly over the last few months. Only two Japanese albums in this haul and the rest are western artists. I found all these albums at a few different stores which I'll mention in more detail later on. Here is the random CD haul for the first part of the year!



First off is an album that is very special to me as I came across it by luck. Found it in a selection of albums at JB Hi-Fi on clearance and I was so excited as I didn't think a copy could be found at JB's anymore! It is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's KKP Best from a few years back and contains all her best hits. The album is the standard regular edition and comes with a cardboard OBI strip which I've never seen before.




Next up is a bunch of albums I found at Op-Shop stores which are what we call thrift or charity shops here in Australia. I love going through the CD's and DVD's at Op-Shops to find treasures or just see what everyone has been donating. You can always notice a trend by seeing what artists have to most donated or similar artists you see at different shops. In my recent visits, the trend has been One Direction and Enya CD's. Like I saw stacks of One Direction at four different Op-Shops! Anyway onto what I brought. First is Bardot's second album Play It Like That which was a good find! Bardot was a pop group created from a TV show called Popstars in the early 2000's and had the hit song Poison which is one of my faves. Would love to find their first album one day as well but I got this one as it has the songs I Need Somebody and ASAP which are bops. Picked up some Britney Spear's releases that I didn't have because I love a bit of Britney. Had a good laugh at the BIG W price tag still stuck to the Circus CD and makes me remember when I used to go to BIG W back in the day to buy all my So Fresh CDs each season. The CD+DVD edition of the Spice Girl's Greatest Hits was another find and I only picked this up for the DVD really which has the music videos. Still have my original SPICE and SPICEWORLD albums from when they came out and still listen to them now. Lastly was a spectacular find which is The Hives' Your New Favourite Band album. Shocked to see this as you rarely see The Hives things anywhere especially an older one like that. The Opshop where I found this had a lot of early 2000's punk stuff so it was probably from the person that donated all of those.



If you've read my monthly favourites recently, you'll know that I rediscovered this 90's pop group from my childhood recently and been obsessed with listening to their releases. I found a copy of S.O.A.P.'s Ladidi Ladida single on ebay for super cheap so I picked it up straight away. I was amazed to see it on there and it was in the original case and everything!



Now onto the JB Hi-Fi items! I was waiting until I had picked up all my orders until I made this CD haul so I could put them all in the same post. A great selection of finds in recent months and some new gems for my collection. Found an interstate store that had some The Go-Go's import CD's and I've been looking at finding some older albums from them for a little while now. I brought Talk Show [Expanded Edition] and Beauty & The Beat [30th Anniversary Edition] and both have bonus tracks/discs. Haven't had a chance to listen to them yet but I'm looking forward to hearing Beauty & The Beat. Next up is Shonen Knife's Super Group which I randomly found tucked away somewhere and decided to buy it. I have their Happy Hour album which is a fun one so I thought it would be a good addition to my collection. And here comes the all important album of this haul which is Keep On Movin' - The Best Of Five. I already own a Five best of but this one has way more tracks and I had to buy it of course as I love Five. Probably my all time favourite boy band and all their songs are amazing. 



A bunch more JB Hi-Fi items here which are mainly ones I picked up as I have heard the albums previously and quite enjoyed them. Picked up the Britney Spears one for my collection as I'd like to find all her albums. The Tears For Fears one is a greatest hits and I already had some songs off this but there was a few tracks that I've only discovered recently so I got it for them.



Lastly is a bunch of Kaiser Chiefs albums which I got late last year when I was on my Kaiser Chiefs hype. I already had their first two albums back from when they first came out and re-discovered how much I loved them recently. So I asked for a bunch of their albums for Christmas and their newest album Duck I got from JB Hi-Fi. Only briefly listen to these quickly but I've enjoyed them so far. I think their earlier stuff is still my favourite but I'm hoping these releases will grow on me once I listen to them more. I found that with their Yours Truly Angry Mob album as I didn't appreciate it until years later when I listened to the album on a trip once. 



Hope you enjoyed this slightly different music focused post to my usual K-Pop and J-Pop stuff. I would like to share the rest of my CD collection one day on here as I have some great releases that I've collected over the years. I'll leave the music videos below for some of the songs featured on the albums I talked about here if you would like to check them out. Blogger didn't want to post the youtube vid for Bardot so here is a link to ASAP and I Need Somebody in glorious early 2000's MV quality. It also didn't allow the top notch MV for Let's Dance from Five so you can find that here. Who knows you might discover a new fave song? But really this was just an excuse for me to post heaps of Five songs.















No comments:

Post a Comment