Wednesday 24 April 2019

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp: Play Journal

For about the last month or two, I've been playing some Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. I know it's been out for ages but I had avoided getting it as it didn't look too interesting to me. However my workmate convinced me to download it and give it a try. Turns out it's pretty cute and fun! There is a fair amount of micro-transaction stuff but I tend to ignore that. I'll share some photos from my adventures in the app!

Here is my campsite from when I first started the game. It still looks pretty boring as I haven't crafted many items for it as I can't decide what kinda theme to use for it. Reece and Cyrus look so adorable in Pocket Camp! I originally choose pink hair for my character but I've since changed it to the normal brown I usually use. One of the first things I did in the game was change the clothes on my character once I unlocked a good outfit. Can't stand my character look stylish and boring.



Can I just say how adorable Goldie is? She is my fave villager so far (mainly cause Frita hasn't appeared haha). She is just so cute when she visits your campsite. I've had her there the entire time and probably will never make her leave. Her friendship is the highest so far as I tend to interact with her the most and unlock everything she requests. 



The animations that show up when you interact with villagers are great! I hope the switch version has stuff like this and great graphics as well. I just have a Oppo F1s which isn't a high end phone but the app looks great on it! I'd love to upgrade to maybe a R17 Pro one day or whatever Oppo releases as I quite like their phones and they quite reliable.



There was a special Nintendo themed Fishing Tourney event on a while ago and this was the first event I did. I quite enjoy the events and they are the only thing I've really focused on in the game. The time limits are a bit annoying though to try to unlock everything but I guess that's because they want to you to spend money on the game with those leaf ticket things. I unlocked quite a large number of the Nintendo themed items but I only used them for the HH thing as I tend to not use Nintendo decorations in my houses in the series. Loved the themed fish though, so adorable and quirky!





Rosie is another cutie in the game. I accidentally clicked change outfit but I haven't done it yet because this tee is so Rosie. Honestly I think she's one of the best designed villagers in the series. I've always thought her colour palette and design is perfect and matches her personality perfectly. May have had her in my New Leaf down once and I do recall having her in Wild World for a while.




One feature in the game I enjoy is the Happy Home Academy part. It's quite fun and challenging and I've enjoyed the few levels I have passed. Would love to use this feature more but there's always furniture I'm missing for the classes and I don't have the right villagers to unlock it. I'll have to look up a guide or something to work it out, my workmate might know how to do it as I've seen she has a super high rank.





Who is this cool cat? I mean koala haha! Eugene is so cool in the game. I've never seen him in my towns in the hand held versions so it's great to finally get to interact with him. The koala villagers are always a favourite of mine as they have a great design and are named after Australian cities and things. Eugene is short for eucalyptus which is what koalas mainly eat.



Sheep villagers are another favourite of mine in the series with Frita being my main character. She is absolutely hilarious and has the best design to look like a burger and fries. Unfortunately she isn't in Pocket Camp as of yet but hopefully one day they'll add her and I'll max out her friendship straight away!!


  
I mainly saved this screenshot because of the hilarious text. I can just imagine this villager working out with a blue bench haha.



An adorable picture of Goldie enjoying an icecream cone. I just can't get over how cute the animations for villagers at the campsite are. It's an explosive of cuteness!!!



Over the spring season in game, there has been a variety of events. I took part in the Katie's Time Out one which was fun. I enjoyed the beautiful butterflies that appeared when you grew flowers. It was a bit of pain growing all the flowers as I can't always get to the game with work and such. I did manage to unlock all the items apart from the ultra hard one.


  

This screenshot I saved because of Dotty's ridiculous tone when gifting you some items. Yes Dotty, you are SO generous.



Overall I've enjoyed Pocket Camp so far. I don't play it hardcore or anything. More only when I'm at the gym or bored at home. The events have held my interest and I'm looking forward to the next Fishing Tourney one for spring. The leaf ticket thing is a bit annoying how most items you need them to craft (for example re-issue items or the backpacks currently available). It wouldn't be so bad if the prices were lower, like most things are 150 tickets sometimes! One aspect of the game I do love is the fishing as it's so simple and the number of fish has been cut down compared to the normal games. Plus I haven't caught any sea bass yet which is a miracle.



No comments:

Post a Comment