Sunday 24 March 2024

Aespa 3rd Mini Album My World - Album Review (Zine Spicy Version)

First music review for 2024 is aespa's mini album My World! Super happy that my local music store stocks aespa as they are the only current generation girl group that I collect. Plus it makes it super easy to find the albums and I always pre-order to make sure I can get a copy. It seems to fly off the shelves quick at my local store however if I visit the same stores elsewhere, you can usually find a copy.

My World is the 3rd Mini Album from Korean girl group aespa and it was released on May 8th 2023. The album came in 19 versions which is mind boggling. Who on earth would attempt to even collect all of those. I love aespa but that's a bit too much and I wish they would cut down on the number of types available. As mentioned before, I purchased my CD from JB Hi-Fi and I got the Spicy versions of the Zine type. I didn't know which version I would get as it random on what the supplier sends so I was excited when the zine one came (even though I did buy the other version later on). The Spicy Zine version comes with the following contents:

  • CD - 6 track mini album
  • 40 page Photobook
  • Trading card set of 4 cards
  • Photocard (Random 1 out of 4 types)
  • Poster (Random 1 out of 2 types)
  • English lyrics booklet
  • SM promotional flyer


I've been loving this style of photo book that SM has been doing lately. They are smaller to store on the shelf and the magazine concept is a fun one. This concept matched the vibe of this song perfectly and you get so many great photos in the photo book. There was just too many amazing pages to choose from for photos! I did get one of their next mini albums in the same style of photo book and they look great next to each other.














Could not believe that I pulled Ningning as my photocard! She is my bias in aespa so I was over the moon when it happened. I also liked how the trading card contains all four members so you get the complete collection. The Ningning one is displayed on my computer shelf along with a Lomo card I brought of her. The back of the trading cards are super cute and I wish more albums had stuff like this. I would be a bigger fan of photocards if they were so gacha style. In my perfect world, you would get the set when you buy an album however that doesn't work with bulk buying concept and would never happen.



Here are some photos of the CD-R you get as the promotional material calls it. I just call it a CD and only really take it out to put into my itunes. I've seen those cool K-Pop CD displays on instagram and TikTok as a fun way to display the actual discs. That would make a nice addition to a room if it would hold onto the CD securly. Also pictured are the English lyrics booklet and SM promotional flyer. The track listing for this album is lsited below and I have to say Spicy is my favourite aespa song by far. I wish they would put out more songs with this sound. I felt when Drama came out, it was similar to their other stuff but I love this pop sound that this album had going on. The music system at my work tends to play Thirsty all the time and I rarely hear Spicy which is weird.
  1. Welcome To My World (feat. Naevis)
  2. Spicy
  3. Salty & Sweet
  4. Thirsty
  5. I'm Unhappy
  6. 'Till We Meet Again






I ended up finding the other version of the Zine type at the JB Hi-Fi in town. So now I have the matching set! There is a Target and Barnes & Noble exclusive Zine versions which look gorgeous. No way I'd be able to get those here and I wish we could get the Target one as sometimes my local store will stock Target versions and rebrand them to JB Hi-Fi. You can get the poster versions still in store but they don't interest me. I feel you just don't get enough content for that price and if SM chucked a few more inclusions in, I would buy Ningning's one.

Hopefully with the announcement of a full album in 2024 from the group, I will be able to get that in store. Who knows how many versions that one will have! I'm thinking near 20 as they'll crank out the member versions as usual. I wish they would do more group ones than individual members as i like to get photo books with photos of all the girls. Let's wait and see what aespa brings us!


No comments:

Post a Comment