Wednesday 6 April 2022

Idoling!!! ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine Album Review - Regular CD Only Edition

I'm not one who uses Spotify much or even at all really, but it is a great tool for discovering new artists! I was listening to some AKB48 on there and a suggested group was one called アイドリング!!! Idoling!!! Now I had never heard about this group at all and a fair bit of their discography was on Spotify. Turns out I quite like them and decided to grab one of their albums when I had the chance. After some research, I found out they were created by Fuji TV in 2006 and had a variety show devoted to them. Sadly they disbanded back in 2015 and I haven't found much else about them online besides Wikipedia information. Not sure if they were super popular in Japan or not compared to other idol groups of the time.

アイドリング!!! Idoling!!! ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine Regular CD Only Edition
For my first アイドリング!!! Idoling!!! CD, I got their 6th album ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine. The album was released on March 18th 2015 and was released in four editions: Limited Edition A CD+DVD, Limited Edition B CD+BLURAY, Regular CD Only Edition and Limited Loppi HMV Edition. It was a tad tricky to find one in good condition or at all. At the time I purchase this, there wasn't many listings for it and I could only find listings for each of the different editions. I ended up getting the Regular Edition as I liked the cover with all the members and it was quite affordable. My copy of ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine came with the following contents:
  • CD - 16 track album
  • Jewel Case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • OBI
  • Pony Canyon flyer


My CD did come with a damaged case which I'm not too fused about as it was hard to even find a listing of this album in a good condition. The CD worked fine and there wasn't any serious damage to the entire thing. The only part broken is the top connector part of the front case and I've had this happen with plenty of other CD's over the years. アイドリング!!! Idoling!!! had quite a lot of members at this period of promotion and they are all featured on the Regular Edition cover. That was the mean reason I wanted it as I like covers that have all the members on them. The back is quite cute as it has the members in the same position but wearing a fresh face look instead. What a fun concept and matches the whole idols you can relate to concept that was popular at the time.


The interior of the album is pretty standard with the same photo as the back cover on the lyrics booklet and the CD in that plastic casing. The disc has a cool design with the feathers in the background and cowboy styled text from the front cover. These photos really do show how knocked around this jewel case is, someone must've had this in storage for years or maybe played the album a ton. The album I brought managed to have an OBI which I thought was rare. Hard enough to find a listing at the time, let alone one with the OBI included. I quite like the design of this OBI as it isn't like others I own and makes it easy to tell the catalogue number from. 




Onto the lyrics booklet which is actually quite cool! You get individual photos of each member which I thought was amazing as most Japanese booklets I've seen don't included them. Now I'm not expert on the group so I don't know the main reason behind the two different concept photos with the members. I'm assuming it is the 1st to 3rd Generation members in the first set of photos and the later generations in the others. That's kind of what I could gather from the Japanese wiki page and my knowledge of idol group member rankings. I love whoever the member is on the キュピ♥ Kyupi♥ lyrics page, her outfit is amazing!! The album has a cowboy inspired concept of course considering it is called Rodeo Machine. All the lyrics are included across the booklet and production credits for the group, album and TV show are listed near the end. My album did also include a Pony Canyon flyer which would most likely be out of date by now or at least redeemed by the original owner.

















The Regular Edition has the shortest track listing of all the editions at 16 songs. My Fate is the lead song from the album and four songs were originally released as singles. The main reason I wanted to buy this particular album from the group was because I love the song サマーライオン Summer Lion and rather than buy that single, I brought the album as I got more songs with that. 夏色キッス☆ Natsuiro Kiss☆ is another favourite along with キュピ♥ Kyupi♥. Happy!!! Happy!!! Birthday is listed as a bonus track however it appears on every edition which defeats the purpose of it being 'bonus' in my opinion.
  1. シャウト!!! Shout!!! (Album Ver.)
  2. My Fate
  3. Smiley Days
  4. 雨とワルツ Ame to Waltz
  5. 夏色キッス☆ Natsuiro Kiss☆
  6. サマーライオン Summer Lion
  7. キュピ♥ Kyupi♥
  8. オレオレGO!
  9. カルネアデスは痛くない
  10.  お子様ラブ
  11. ユキウサギ Yuki Usagi
  12. I'd Ring
  13. Baby Baby Sweets
  14. Dear Friend
  15. HELLO
  16. Happy!!! Happy!!! Birthday!!! [Bonus Track]

Here are the covers for the Limited Editions of ロデオマシーン Rodeo Machine. Edition A features the 1st to 3rd Generation members whilst Edition B features the 4th to NEO Generation. The Loppi HMV edition has the same cover as the Regular Edition so I didn't include it. I only just noticed recently that each edition has a different logo on it, for example Edition A has a horse.

Limited A CD+DVD

Limited Edition B CD+BLURAY

Very pleased with this album and I would be interested in getting more from the group one day. I'd like to get the singles for サマーライオン Summer Lion as I quite like those covers and concept (plus I want the instrumentals!). I'd love to get Limited Edition B of this album for the MV disc but it is a Blu-ray and I'm not really into Blu-ray. More of a DVD person and don't even have a Blu-ray player yet!






No comments:

Post a Comment