Wednesday 20 April 2022

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Springtime

Springtime in Animal Crossing is one of my favourite seasons in the game as the trees are beautiful and the weather is perfect! Just like normal Spring weather! These screenshots are from October/November 2020 so a fair while ago. Slowly getting through all my screenshots and at the pace I've been posting play journals, we should be up to current times soon! First up are some lovely screenshots of the area around my house during the cherry blossom season. I wish I could have these pink trees all the time as they match me pink house exterior perfectly!




My birthday falls in October so there was a birthday celebration of course! My best buddie Marshal hosted it at his house and I was so happy to see my favourite Pudge attended. Clearly the best villager and has taken the top spot for me out of all the villagers. Birthdays are quite cute in New Horizons however I didn't know everything I had to do for it. I had a busy day that day and didn't know I had to give the cupcakes to my villagers. They all missed out and I felt bad :( Oh well there is always next year! Kind of silly as on your birthday you are often busy and need to find the time to play (or at least change the in-game clock sneakily).











Decided to let Maple move off the island and I have no clue why. She was so adorable and looked cute with Pudge walking around together. I have her amiibo card and it would be easy to move her back. Guess I thought it was time for a change and I agreed to her moving. I ended up finding Daisy on a mystery island so she will be moving in. Daisy is cute as well so it's a nice trade. I cannot remember if I've had Daisy before in other games, I used to get her mixed up with Goldie when I was younger. Her house is very pretty and I love the white exterior it has.






A few random screenshots now starting with my character chilling outside Nooks Cranny in the rain. I quite like this little shopping area I made around the store. I found these cool Japanese inspired sign designs online which I'll list at the end of this play journal. I don't recall where I originally found them as I had them saved to my computer however the original creator is listed in the image. After that we have Bob observing the little team of gnomes I have assembled outside his house. I moved Bob to this location recently and wasn't sure what to put around his house. Settled on this set-up as I was collecting garden gnomes at the time.




Caught Hamphey dosing off near my house again! He really does love this particular area and is often falling asleep in this spot. I would too as it looks pretty cozy! Marshal was being weird when I went to visit him day and sometimes the villagers have the most bizarre text. If you are button spamming like I often do and you just catch a bit of the text which leaves you quite confused. Last photo is of the area around my museum which I'm proud of as it turned out quite good. I built a small cemetery next to the museum and this stone fence matches the exterior nicely.





Wendy was annoying a lot of the villagers around Resident Services and who knows what she was talking about. I don't often tune into villager conversations but when I do, they are always arguing about the dumbest stuff. I was happy to see my two sheep talking to each other and it's cute when villagers of the same species do. I would love to have an entire village of sheep if possible another time because that would look amazing.





Now for a collection of screenshots I like to call my villagers sitting on random benches. It's hard to catch them actually using furniture around the island and I managed to catch a few recently. I was shocked to see Eugene in such a hard to reach chair by the river but he quickly moved to sit the wrong way on a log bench :P








I visited a friend's town only to find they had a garden gnome variation I had yet to collect. Was so sad to see him stuck in this spot by a waterfall :( Have you ever been to an island where everyone grass spot is literally covered in something? It drove me mental, like how on earth do you find anything that spawns on grass and shooting down presents would be a nightmare. Everyone does have different play styles when it comes to island decorating and I just find this style too chaotic.


I decided to move Bob off my island as I was a bit bored and wanted a new lazy type villager. Pudge is my main lazy villager so it is a tad annoying when other villagers I want are also lazy. I have Broccolo's amiibo and he is quite adorable so I wanted to try him on my island. Best mouse villager by far but honestly there are too many good ones. So Bob got the boot and Broccolo moved to Marzipan!!






Here are the designs for the two signs I used by Nook's Cranny. I haven't checked if these are still active as I haven't had online for a while to check the database. I rarely use it as I don't do too much QR codes or custom designs currently. Hope you enjoy this New Horizons play journal and I'll be back for another one in the future!



No comments:

Post a Comment