Wednesday 17 March 2021

SELFY COLLECTION Play Journal - Completing The Story [SPOILERS]

My latest favourite game on the Nintendo Switch has been SELFY COLLECTION - The Dream Fashion Stylist and I finally completed the main story line of the game! It doesn't take that long to complete the story line, I'd say maybe between 10 to 15 hours based off what my game time was on my Switch. You do need to have certain popularity levels to get new story line requests. If the requests are appearing in Japanese, it means you need a higher level. This part wasn't translated into English in the western version of the game. The requests will appear in English once you hit the desired popularity rank.

Now onto the story line of the game! There will be spoilers from this point on so please skip this post if you are playing to play the game yourself and don't want to know the ending :)

Your character travels to a country called In-Between Land which is a land between Earth and Heaven I assume from the explanation in the game. This land is populated with characters who have stopped there for one reason or another before moving on. Hanna gets kidnapped by a strange character in this land and you have to find her. Eventually you meet a character called Lucifer who wishes to make Hanna his bride so you have to make an wedding outfit for her that is to his liking. I made this stylish over the top ensemble and it just got to the S ranking.





After this, Lucifer is pleased with your styling skills so he takes you to meet the representative in the land who grants certificates. And guess what? That turns out to be your late mother! I wasn't expecting this plot twist but it was a nice touch. There's a lot of dialogue about why your mother is residing in In-Between Land so get your reading glasses ready. You are given the chance to give your mother an outfit and this unlocks some gorgeous new items from the brand your mother is fond of. The clothing stores in this land are quite reminiscent of gothic styles and much more unique than Raven Candle in the Style Boutique games. I made her whatever this outfit was, must've been the best items I had that meet her individuality targets. Looking back, it's quite terrible I must say.













Once your character says their final farewell to their mother, there's some more story development to the Lucifer character. Turns out he is an angel or something and it stalling in the In-Between Land. Hanna begins to have a soft spot for Lucifer which is like the most overused twist ever *eye rolls*. Most characters in this land seem to requests horns or tails. They are the most desired items it seems and it's easy to grab the hairstyles with horns as an easy item.




Finally I collected all the certificates from all the lands and was able to meet the Queen. You meet back up with characters from the 2-way shop to head over to the Queen's coronation ceremony. Guess what? The Queen isn't going to give up so easily and isn't impressed that I collected all the certificates. You of course now have to showcase your stylists skills and make outfits based on her requests. I ended up making a bunch for her as she just kept thinking it was a fluke. During this stage of the game, I tried buying items from shops that were specific to her request so I could get a high rank. But it's so difficult to know which items are the most suitable when in the shop. Sometimes I brought things and never actually used them. That silly rose pose from Hanna's outfit even got re-used as it scores really high!















The Queen was finally happy with this outfit and begins to understand that her concept of 'Fashion Coordination Theory' might have some weak points to it. She talks about getting excited by your outfits after your character tells her about experiencing different styles and concepts from all the different lands and how people use fashion to express themselves. The Queen decides to put a stop to her outfit ban after all your hard work! She even asks you to work as her stylist and you can choose between two options for this, but it doesn't make any difference to what you pick. 











And that's it for SELFY COLLECTION! Well for the main story line at least. There is a epilogue story line which I'll post about in another play journal and you get to unlock some of the most beautiful clothing in that story line. I hope you enjoyed reading about this cute game and I think it's definitely worth picking up if you want a styling game on the Switch. Be warned that it will hit a point where you have to grind for coins to unlock all the clothing items. If you like a challenge and are a collection fanatic, then this game is perfect! So far, this is the best fashion game on the Switch but there isn't much competition. There is that My Universe: Fashion Boutique but it doesn't look very good from the videos and screenshots I've seen. Wouldn't recommended that one personally myself and I haven't come across anything else on the eShop or in stores. Pretty Princess Party (known as Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate in Japan) looks super adorable and I've got it saved on my eShop wishlist for when it comes on sale. $60AUD is a bit pricey at the moment! It reminds me of Disney Magical World which I would love to come out on the Switch :( I miss that game so much! It was really fun to play and I loved collecting all the Disney themed items.

I will be posting more play journals of SELFY COLLECTION in the future as there are more story lines to share and a wealth of outfits I've created in the game. Please keep an eye out for more SELFY COLLECTION - The Dream Fashion Stylist content on Marzipan Wonderland! ♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment