Wednesday 24 February 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Bridges Galore!

Today's blog post is a new Animal Crossing New Horizons play journal and all these screenshots were from way back in May 2020. Which is forever ago and May 2021 is actually closer! I shall start off with this cute picture of my character in front of Nook's Cranny in it's new location. This is the most ideal location for Nook's for me as it's a central place on my island and I wanted to create a shopping district style area of this and Able Sisters.


Got a lot of landscaping done on my island and one of my favourites is this little island in the middle of a small lake. I thought it was a nice idea and is a little hidden location you can jump over to. The lake is located near Nook's Cranny so it's another central point of my island. Made a little waterfall area that comes off the lake and a bridge was built as a walkway. These wooden bridges are my favourite in the game and I love how they are level with the water without arm rails. This first picture is of my character attempting to shoot down a balloon almost the trees near a waterfall. How on earth do people do activities in those towns that have stuff everywhere? I visit some friend's towns sometimes and there isn't a single patch of empty grass. Like how do they catch bugs or get items to fall down from balloons? I would go crazy without all the open space!





Now for some cute pics of my villagers! How cute is Alice in her outfit?!?! It even matches her hair clip and features on her face. Next are two adorable pictures of me and Marshall hanging out by Nook's. I love having him on my island as he is fun to be around and has nice dialogue. I caught up with him hanging out by the vending machine zone I'm building.




The next photo is one of my favourites which happened when I was trying to catch a scorpion and got bitten. All Spike did was watch it all happen and my character nearing went into the pond. It's hilarious that you can see where the scorpion even got away by jumping into the water. I swear this area was cursed because I was always running into scorpions here and I'd be running around without even noticing them going to attach me. And I also forgot that I was using this area for flower storage, like that's a lot of wildflowers. The second picture is of a friend's town who has this gorgeous hedge maze which is really well done. I enjoy hedge mazes in real life so it's fun to see them in New Horizons.



Here is the entrance to my island from the airport and it was still under construction at this point. I wanted to have an open area with colourful flowers and the fountain item works perfectly. I placed some signs at the entrance to instruct visitors to please walk whilst visiting but some friend's tend to ignore this. It annoys me that you point it out in person and in game and people still run around like crazy. Luckily I've only had about two flowers hit by other players and I appreciate Nintendo making them not die when this happens. I'd be so sad to lose any of my precious hybrids :(


Sometimes villagers say the weirdest thing about the furniture in their houses. I visit Papi once and he had this to say about the log chair. I guess it's a good chair if it fits perfectly. Another time was whilst visiting Pudge, he commented that he keeps the life ring around to snack on in emergencies. Like what? On a more normal note, the second picture is from the May Day activity which was super fun! I wish the developers would have more island mini games kind of like the old Tortimer ones in New Leaf. I actually use the briefcase from this event as decoration on my island.



One day I will do some decorating on my beaches but for now it's just a mess of excess flowers and badly placed palm trees. I planted even more recently so summer bugs would have more span locations. Second photo is of another bridge opening ceremony and this time I went for a diagonal bridge. I decided on this as it reminded me of a bridge location I had in New Leaf. This angel of bridge placement looks really nice in my opinion and it looks great when you fish off them. Third photo is another picture of my character hanging out by the vending machine zone and I think this was one of those Nook Miles achievement photos. This outfit is one of my favourites in the game and I wore it to death until my villagers got sick of it.




Papi decided to move out of my island and I really liked him. He was super cute and it was nice to experience a villager I'd never had before. His design is nice and simple and is one of the best horse designs in game. Next picture is off Maple who moved into my town and is one of my favourite villagers. I moved her in via amiibo as I have her card from a few years ago and her design is super adorable. She loves wearing these glasses and is often seen reading around the island.



Did a bit of work on my resident services area and it's looking great so far. I'm in love with the garden lanterns and have them everywhere on the island. They look aesthetically pleasing with the low wooden bridges and it creates nice mood lighting for the resident services area. Next picture is an absolute mess and chaos. Let's take a look at what's going on. We've got fruit dropped on the ground, bugs dumped around the place, flowers all over the grass and a kinda nicely decorate fountain area. And my character is having a standoff with a scorpion. Well that was an adventure. The third picture is a bit more normal with my character just hanging around on the peninsula yelling at the ocean.




That brings us to a close for this New Horizons play journal and I'll finish with another bridge opening ceremony photo. Boy, I built a lot of bridges in this journal. Don't all the villagers look cute? Pudge and Maple standing together is the cutest! Being that they are both bear cub villagers and match well together. I'll be back for more adventures in Animal Crossing soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment