Wednesday 10 February 2021

SELFY COLLECTION Play Journal - Stories Going Off The Rails

My new favourite game on the Nintendo Switch recently has been SELFY COLLECTION - The Dream Fashion Stylist. I posted a review on the game last month and I've become hooked on the game in recent weeks. Thought I'd share some of my screenshots from my outfits and adventures in the game. It's great how easy it is to take screenshots on the Nintendo Switch and I don't have to delete any from an album like in Style Boutique. I shall start with this customer who is always coming to me with requests about her boyfriend. She changes boyfriends like every two seconds and is always asking for new outfits. Even my character Marzipan has noticed!



Time for some cute outfits I've designed in the game. I've been using the search feature lately to help narrow down items to meet customers requirements and it does help if you have items that match the actual categories. Now that I'm further into the game, I have a bigger range of clothing and it's easier to buy more. I just love the Lolita style clothing in SELFY COLLECTION! It's a big step up from Marble Lily and Raven Candle in Style Boutique. The details on the items is stunning and the dresses have great definition to their shape.




Been grinding through the storyline during my play throughs and I've left the main country behind for a new adventure! One of the story plot points was to battle Hanna in a stylist battle to gain a certificate. Hanna is the daughter of the Director of the 2-way shop and the former business partner of the main character's mother. There was some back and forth of the storyline about the characters mother and how the Queen is a big fan. The father of your character shows up as well and you are granted a certificate to travel to a new land. I totally forgot the outfit I previously gave Hanna and regret not giving her pants now :( Might go re-do her request so she has a nicer outfit on.







So I encountered this tutorial screen when I got further into the storyline. I was wondering how new requests appear and it seems like there's a mechanic to pay money to shuffle them. Hmm...that's rather annoying. Once I got to new lands, I have had new requests show up and my Collection shows I've done nearly 50% of the first land. My new gaming goal is to 100% SELFY Collection! It seems possible now that I've worked out how the game works and know how to earn money.


Each request belongs to one of the lands/countries in the game and you get a unique background related to that area! This screenshot was from a request in the cool city area and I love the colour schemes of the score cards. We won't talk about the outfit as this was the best I could do with what I had. It's absolutely awful haha.


Can we all take a moment to look out how gorgeous this outfit is? This customer had a request for a pyjama outfit and I just didn't want to take it as I didn't want her to change her outfit. I did fulfil her request and gave her a cute slumber part ensemble. Eventually I unlocked the brand that this dress belonged to and I currently have it on my character right now. It's just so stunning and even comes in two colours!




Finally had the perfect use for the silly present item! This outfit looked all lovely and elegant then I slapped on all these presents to hit the target requirements. She seems to like it and it even scored an S rank!



Some more outfits from customer requests and I'm proud of these as they didn't turn out awful. It takes some trial and error to find what items work with each other. I think I've worked out the whole thing of how price affects the outfit as well so I always try to keep that in the blue rank or green if needed. if you burn through a whole bunch of requests, you can rake in money really quick and then go on a shopping spree for items around the cheaper range. I've been stocking up on the cheapest items first so I always have a large selection available. Only been buying expensive items if requests require them, say swimsuits or animal items.



I swear the storyline of this game is crazy sometimes. The main plot point of this land was that a comet was going to destroy the land. I was a bit perplexed at first as I wasn't expecting this in a fashion styling game. At least it's more unique than a standard idol storyline.


One of my most proud outfits from recent play sessions was this blue coordinate. I can't believe it turned out so nice and actually well put together. I knew buying that doll item would be perfect for any outfit and I've used it a few times now. The main thing I like about this outfit is that it reminds me of Alice In Wonderland which is one of my favourite things. Plus everything turned out blue and there's not a mix matched colour in the outfit.



So that land I was talking about before with the comet story line, well it had an underwater story line as well. My character had to dress appropriately to travel to a sea kingdom to get a gem and there was a request from a character who wanted underwater make-up. I thought that request was quite unique and matched the storyline. Here's a picture of my character in her underwater outfit and the game only gave me an A :( I thought it was pretty cute and appropriate for the water.




Unlocked a number of new brands and the styles in the game have expanded rapidly. Now I have shops that sell styles such as preppy, luxurious, eastern, cool, etc. Back in my review, I talked about how the localisation has some translation errors and oddities. Well I discover this interesting one whilst purchasing new items. I love the name of these eyebrows 'The eyebrows of a mermaid that turns bright'. It's just so amazing and it even had a matching lip set!



Now I just want to say sorry to this poor customer that I ruined her outfit. I didn't have any good items in my collection that matched her requirements and I had to use this pink bow and white hair that didn't match her beautiful steampunk inspired outfit. Will definitely redo this request in the future once I have collected more items. The second outfit much nicer and more cohesive. The blue tones are just magical and now that I've unlocked more pose style items, I can get more creative with outfits. This umbrella is so adorable with the little whales on the interior!



Eventually I completed the storyline for the comet and everything is all good in the kingdom again! We were able to divert the comet elsewhere with the help of Hanna who is becoming nicer to the main character. I wanted to share these screenshots as I love the writing for the game, it's so over the top and the story really goes from 0 to 100 sometimes.





As I mentioned earlier, I finally unlocked that dress I fell in love with and dressed my character up in it immediately. It's so magical and pretty ❤ I paired it with some cute hair accessories and high socks. The shoes in this outfit remind me of the ones I always wear in Animal Crossing! I guess I'm just drawn to preppy style shoes. The second screenshot is of an outfit I created that was different to the others I've posted. It's more on the lively and cool side compared to the more Lolita and girly styles outfits. Wouldn't it be great if Style Boutique had hairstyles like this one with the glitter?



That's all for the first play journal of SELFY COLLECTION - The Dream Fashion Stylist. I'm really surprised I got into this game so much. At first I wasn't too fussed about it but one day I was really tired so I thought playing my Switch would kill time. I decided to play this because I was bored with New Horizons and I ended up playing it for 3 hours! It's much more fun now that I've progressed through the storyline and are able to unlock more clothing items. I'm up to the eastern styled area in the game now which had some interesting characters going on about killing our group. As I said, the storyline really goes off the rails sometimes for a fashion game.



No comments:

Post a Comment