Monday 30 October 2017

October Favourites

Another month has passed so here are my favourites for the month of October!

Gaming
Still playing Disney Magical World and slowly working my way through it. I'm currently up to 82 stickers and cleared most of the episodes. I'm stuck on defeating the final boss in Aladdin's World and I'm having trouble upgrading the wand as I don't have access to the last item I need for it. It's hard to earn coins in this game compared to the second one so now I've got a system of playing the game a few times a day just to collect coins at the Cafe.

Also in gaming news, I'm super excited for the release of New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star! I can't believe a new one came out so quickly, I'm still playing the second one. I've played the demo a few times and it seems the game is similar to New Style Boutique. The in-game clock system is going to drive me nuts though, I prefer the 3DS clock one.



Music
Didn't pick up any new albums this month, I'm saving up to get E-girls E.G. Crazy album and Dream Ami's Try Everything single. I really wanted to get Dream Ami's album she released this month but it was just too expensive and I already owned nearly all the tracks. That's one thing that frustrates me about j-pop albums, they often have songs I already brought in single form. I would've loved to have gotten the CD+DVD+Photobook version of her album as the cover was stunning, but it's a bit too out of my budget.


Isn't this Dream Ami cover so gorgeous?

Art 
My friend got my some gifts this month from Daiso which has the cutest and quirkiest stationery. A while ago we were in Daiso and found this hilarious pencil caps which are just caps you put on top of your pencil. Turns out my friend brought me a packet and they're actually quite good. It's handy to use on coloured or drawing pencils when you carrying them around in a pencil case. I also got some decorative tape which as an interesting case. It's kinda like a click pen, you click the top and the tape comes out the bottom. Then when you are finished, you just click it again and the tape retracts. I find it better than the usual white-out tape dispenser as I always seem to misplace the lid of mine. The BMO Badge shown in the picture was a gift as well and that comes from a company called We're All Mad Here. I have a super cute Lumpy Space Princess one from them as well that says Whatever It's 2009.



Toys
I had a gift card to use up recently so I decided to pick up two new Barbie Fashionista dolls for my collection. I used to be into Barbie collecting a long time ago, but stopped because my collection got too large (ended up selling half of it) and I wasn't interested in teh dolls that were out at the time. Now I've slowly been getting back into collecting mainly because of the amazing Fashionista dolls that Mattel produces. Fashionista dolls however are hard to get hold of in Australia and I rarely see new ones. I check all the toy stores and departments every week and they're still selling Fashionistas from 2016. I contacted Mattel and they said new ones aren't scheduled for release in Australia until next year which is annoying. Anyway I ended up getting Dolled Up In Dots (Number 13 Original) and Chambray Chic (Number 22 Curvy). I choose the Dolled Up one mainly for the outfit and I choose the Chambray Chic as I did not yet have a curvy doll and I really liked the face mold of this doll. I've already got a petite brunette doll in my collection so now I'm only missing a tall one to have all the different varieties. I also picked up a few outfit sets but I'm planning on making a post about Barbie's soon to cover those.



This month I came across the most adorable mug. Saw these cute Pokemon themed Halloween mugs in a store and they are just perfect! The top one is my favourite as I love the colours on it and how cute Pikachu looks in that Halloween outfit. Halloween merchandise from Japan is always amazing and if I lived there, my place would just be full of so much stuff (especially Rilakkuma which is my number one favourite).



No comments:

Post a Comment