Saturday 2 July 2022

ぴこぷり Pikopuri April - June 2016 Magazine - ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3

Recently I was in a Newsagency and was amazed at all the magazines still being printed. Back when I was a teenager, I remember always bugging my parents to get me the latest issue of Smash Hits or I'd save up for the Total Girl showbag at the Show. Crazy to think that's how we used to get all our information and dodgy ringtones off the back page for ridiculous amounts of money. So I thought I'd take a look at another ぴこぷり Pikopuri from my collection and this issue is the April to June 2016 one. 


This issue is packed with content and I remember buying it for the K.K. Slider amiibo card. I still have him in my amiibo collection and it's quite a cool looking card! You also got a cute amiibo folder that features Animal Crossing on both sides. It holds a fair amount of amiibo cards but definitely not enough if you have a decent collection. My collection isn't even big and it won't all fit in there! There was the usual sticker sheet as well that ぴこぷり Pikopuri issues have and I love these stickers so much that I'm scared to use them :( I really should start using them but I just don't have anything special enough for them even though I have like 5 journals.



Now onto the main focus of this post which is the ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3 content! This issue doesn't have too much Girls Mode content unfortunately and it only contains four pages. Kind of sad but I guess it wasn't too popular around this time and there was more newer games to promote like I think maybe Happy Home Designer had just came out. I've included various photos of each page to cover all the pictures and text. With the weekly outfit spread, I'm not feeling that Tuesday outfit. It just doesn't match for me as I feel the tights and bag are too different styles to the girly look of the rest. The Monday outfit is totally cute though and in my last Outfit of the Day post, I was raving about this biker jacket. Amazing to see it here being used in a fabulous look!




Another cute comic in this issue and there is a second one on the other page. Out of these weekly outfits, I'm into the Sunday one and I don't know why. There's something odd about it that draws my attention. It's like a weird psychedelic/girly/sporty/lively mash up and I'm living for it! After looking at the centre photo, I was thinking how fun would've it been if we could draw on our photos in the game? Sort of like a Purikura style? Why wasn't this a feature as the 3DS touch screen would've been the perfect tool for this! Man I'm so annoyed I am only realising this now and how it is such a waste I never thought of it before.





Remember spending ages trying to figure out the perfect outfit to win the vague theme of the fashion show? Well this is the perfect page for that! As much as I hated it back then, I really wish they had included fashion shows in Styling Star. I've probably mentioned it a billion times on here before and it's just that fashion shows were such an integral part to the Style Boutique series. The idol stuff would've been better in a separate game or just had both aspects.



Some more cute content on the final page of this ぴこぷり Pikopuri issue and I'm dying at how adorable the bunny outfit is. The Purple Moon outfits look amazing when drawn as cartoon cartoons and I feel they work better in 2D rather than 3D. Some of the clothing items look a bit strange in the game and the designs might not translate into 3D well.





Shame there wasn't too many pages to share for this issue however we did get a wealth of pretty pictures. I always get good outfit ideas when I read the ぴこぷり Pikopuri magazines and it is fun to see what other people are thinking when they make an outfit. I will see you all another day for another ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3 post!

No comments:

Post a Comment