Wednesday 14 July 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Villager Photos Everywhere

Turns out I still have a large amount of Animal Crossing New Horizons screenshots to post on the blog, so I'm going to get through some more today. Plus it will be fun looking back on my island and how it used to look! I haven't played much of the game lately and I wish Nintendo would update the game with some new features and content. It gets pretty stale once you've done most things and I'd love to collect all the furniture but the whole colour variant thing puts me off it. Anyway here is Isabelle with her usual nothing interesting speech. One of the main things they need to improve is this, I always just button mash through it.

I've seen a lot of players in the community debating about whether the snowmen are good or bad in New Horizons. Honestly I like the new system as I wasn't a fan of how frustrating it was to create the entire family to get all the items. I found it rather easy to make snowboys in the new game and it was pretty easy to get all the items pretty fast. The snowballs also spammed in good spots for me and I purposely left my island unfinished with large open spaces so it would be easy to roll snowballs. The dialogue of the snowboys was dramatic and amusing.

Here are some photos of my villagers being weird as usual. Caught a bunch hanging out at the Resident Services and Lopez had a fun greeting for me. Then later on Pudge was holding a concert for a rather small audience. Pudge is just the cutest thing and I don't understand how people can hate his design :( The next few photos are of Spike tending to the garden behind his house. He used to always be in this spot and was helpful in watering flowers. Maybe he had a secret gardening hobby he didn't want to admit as he is the jock type of villager.




Enjoy some artsy photos of Butch hanging out by the campsite. This location was tucked away in the corner of the map so he made an effort to go out there to chill out with some hot chocolate. I mean, it does look really nice that hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee drinker so I would totally hang out with him for some sweet drinks. The next photo is a strange one where Butch and Meringue decided to hold a conversation on the tiny speck of land behind a cliff. It is pretty tricky to get there so no idea why they thought this was a good idea. Then we have Apple going crazy as usual and she needs to chill on the coffee. Maybe get some hot chocolate from Butch.





A friend from my Nintendo group was kind enough to give me the final fossil I needed for my collection. It's all done now! The fossil collection is always the easiest to complete and if you have friends to trade with, it's even easier. Another shot of Spike hanging out in the garden and isn't it nice how his outfit matches the blue coloured flowers? After that we have Pudge and Maple being totally cute together walking on the title screen! They are just too adorable and match well together with their designs.



Isn't this farm area nice that I made on the lower part of my island? I put it next to the orchid for a rural/agriculture area. Some of the craftable items suit this style of area quite well and I'm planning to put a few more down. Got this amusing turnips sign design online and thought it would be perfect for my turnip crop. More snowboy photos because what else to you take photos of during the winter time in game? Winter isn't my favourite season in the game and in real life too. Last photo in this section is Butch doing some fishing by the museum in the tiny pond I made. My villagers seemed to hang out here a lot as did a lot of annoying tarantulas and scorpions so I tend to avoid it.




Meringue is so cute when she is crafty and the pink cute furniture suits her well. The sweets set from Gracie would've been a better fit for her but it isn't in the game of course. I did like Meringue but not as much as others. I'd like to see her food design on a villager type like the bear cub maybe, I think that would be adorable. This outfit my character currently has on was very stylish and reminded me of Brooke Bridge from Style Boutique a bit. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. Gotta included a photo of Pudge being too perfect for this world of course and he loves living on my island according to this statement.





Next is a bunch of photos I took just for the Nook Mile achievement. This always results in the most boring and random photos. At least my outfit looked cute! I was super into this Alice dress for a period of time and it's one of the best designed clothing items in the game. 






Here are a few photos of my villagers being cute and there's Spike hanging out in the garden as usual. I had a combination of cosmos in there currently and it reminds me of an old toy set I had (well still have actually). There was a Lego called Clikits back in the 2000's which joined to make jewellery pieces you could wear. I had a floral set that had this exact colour selection in the flowers! I used to have heaps of Clikits sets which made stationery as well but I got rid of them recently when I was clearly out things. I kept a small selection for nostalgic purposes and donated to rest to younger relatives.




The grand opening of the wooden bridge by my house or mine and Pudge's bridge as I like to call it. I moved Pudge's house up on the next level soon so we could be neighbours :) It looks quite barren now but this area improves greatly later on when I develop my island more. I like looking back on this ceremony photo's as you can remember what villagers lived on the island at the time. Only two villagers from this photo still live on my island nowadays.



Caught the golden slingshot recipe! I really like the balloon system in New Horizons and it's way easier to shoot them down in New Horizons. I used to get upset in Wild World that I was terrible at the slingshot and couldn't get any Gulliver items as I never saw him. New Leaf was better but nowhere as easy as New Horizons where I just the time method. Not going to comment on recipes in balloons at event time because that is just dumb and stupid.



Some more progress shots of my island including this lower area I created for the secret beach. I do love how everyone is all gathered together! Not sure on the plans for this area, I just really liked how this looked and made the secret beach area a bit larger. The second photo is the area next to my house which I'm planning to turn into a garden inspired thing. Not sure yet but it's going to have one of those outdoor baths here and maybe a swing.



And that's the end of this play journal and we shall end with the 5-star rating of my island! I shall take that golden watering can and never use as I'm not a fan of golden roses haha. I mainly get the 5-stars so that I can grow Jacob's Ladder as they are one of my favourite flowers. They just look rather unique compared to the others and I used to think they were rare so I'd tried to get as many as possible in previous games. I hope you enjoy this play journal and I'll post another one soon 



No comments:

Post a Comment