Wednesday 16 October 2019

Style Boutique 2 Play Journal - Talk About Terrible Outfits!

Recently I've been sorting out some files on my computer and I came across a bunch of New Style Boutique 2: Fashion Forward photos that I don't believe I've posted on this blog yet. So I thought I'd share them all in a series of play journals first starting off with this one about terrible outfits. There was a folder just titled 'Terrible Outfits' which as you guess, is just terrible outfits I've seen in the game. Let's take a look shall we? First off is this strange get-up which seems to be a mash-up of chic, rock and sporty. This is one look I can't explain at how it got this bad. Like maybe she already had some of this items on already and just kept adding more which ended up with this bizarre look.



Some not as bad looks now and this first one is easy to explain. You know when customers would come to your boutique asking for designer items you created. Well that's basically what this girl asked for which was my bear tights. She was already wearing a lovely gothic ensemble but just had to ruin it with these bear tights! The second outfit isn't too bad, I just hate how people wear high boots with three quarter pants. Like what are you thinking?




This outfit just looks like a mismatched outfit I would create for a challenge. How many styles are going on here? The socks and boots look cute together though. The second outfit I don't hate and it's mainly the out of place bodice that annoys me the most. The third outfit is another casualty to the designer item curse. She got the heart print tights and slapped them onto her sporty themed outfit. Just tragic haha.






Not sure why I had this one saved as a terrible outfit. I'm assuming it's because I was confused at why she would put a tank top over another tank top. Makes zero sense. The outfit below is one of my personal favourite terrible outfits where the customer decided on buying a boho-chic themed top even though it completly clashes with her preppy outfit. What was the reasoning behind this? It's always weird when customers decide to try out a different style but don't purchase an entire outfit. I see she's got one of my designer bags in her hand so another victim to that request.




Another confusing situation where the customer puts a tank top over a tank top. It's not even the same style! Feminine and sporty would be two things I would never mix. The second outfit I thought was terrible because she ruined a perfectly adorable lively red toned outfit by slapping a girly/feminine dress on top of it. I swear the customers were crazy in Fashion Forward with their requests.



   
Here are some more outfits that feel victim to the designer item request curse. This feminine sweetheart neckline t-shirt does not go with this gothic look at all and it's painfully obvious to see. Now with the second outfit, as much as I love this dress I designed, it just doesn't go with her lively look at all. Which you can plainly see from the tights and shoes that look rather out of place. The third outfit is another bear tights outfit which was a common one as I often had them in stock. I think the main reason outfits like these occur is because you only really have certain designer items in stock and they often don't match all customers styles and aesthetics.



  

Looking back at these photos, I've realised how bad feminine and sporty styles look together. Like why do customer insist on putting these three-quarter pants that are often bright colours with more feminine toned socks and tights. I will never understand why this happens and these pants were a bad decision by me for choosing them and the customer for buying them.




We shall finish with this glorious terrible outfit that is one of my favourites. Just look at that perfect colour matching with the outfit even though it's a complete mess. Like the gloves, lively pants and whatever is going on with the weird sleeve/jacket combo. I'm not even going to comment on the silly hairstyle because it's just too ridiculous for this outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment