Thursday 21 September 2023

After School DIVA - Single Review (CD+DVD Type A)

I've posted too many After School CD reviews that I've run out of things to say in the introduction. Honestly I always find it hard to figure out what to write so let's just look at the next edition of the Japanese version of DIVA.


DIVA is the second Japanese single from Korean girl group After School and it was released on November 23rd 2011. The single came in three editions: CD+DVD Type A, CD+DVD Type B and CD Only. This review is for the CD+DVD Type A edition which I brought second-hand from Japan. In boring news, I got the same photocard as I got in my new CD Only edition so know I have two group photocards. I should really put the other one somewhere to display since I have an extra. The DVD editions come in lovely cardboard sleeves and there was a promotional sticker on the packaging as well. The contents I received in my copy of the CD+DVD Type A edition were:
  • CD - 2 track single
  • Cardboard sleeve
  • Plastic sleeve
  • Jewel case
  • Lyrics booklet
  • Promotional flyer
  • Photocard (Random 1 out of 9 types)

















As usual with the DVD editions, you only get two tracks compared to the CD Only one. Best to collect the CD Only ones if you want more songs and that is main reason I get those ones. The highlight of this edition is the DVD which contains two MVs and a MAKING MOVIE. The DVD has the tap slap clip which is essential viewing for this single and then the Japanese version of DIVA MV. The MAKING MOVIE is fun to watch and showcases the jacket shooting of the single. The track listing for the CD and DVD are as follows:

CD Track Listing
  1. Diva [Japanese Ver.]
  2. Ready to love
DVD Track Listing
  1. Tap Slap
  2. Diva [Japanese Ver.]
  3. MAKING MOVIE - Jacket Shooting Making

These reviews just get shorter when I review multiple editions of singles. At least the photos were pretty even though they always make me question the outfit. Like what is going on with it? It has a leather bodice shirt thing then fabric hanging everywhere. I like the bottom half but are confused about the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment