Saturday 7 November 2020

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Terrible Terraforming

Need to get through the backlog of Animal Crossing: New Horizons screenshots from earlier this year so here is another play journal for the game. First up is a lovely photo of my character's disappointment when the fishing rod broke during the fishing tourney. Yeah...not a fan of the whole tools breaking thing. Sometimes I like to just fish or catch bugs for ages which I did a lot in New Leaf. But it's just not the same in New Horizons and I wish they'd fix the breaking tools mechanic. They should have gone with a similar system to the golden tools in New Leaf. Bonus cute picture of Renee taking part in the fishing tourney which was the same time as Bunny Day so she's wearing one of those silly egg outfits!



I have the amiibo card for Maple so I decided to move her in as she is super adorable and one of the best normal personality villagers. I had her in New Leaf and got hold of her amiibo card sometime when the cards were released. Must have been through a trade or got lucky to find her in a pack. The cards are being re-released soon so I will pick up a few more packs for fun. Anyway isn't Maple just the cutest? The bear cub villagers are one of my favourite animal types in the series.



Just some everyday happenings in my island here with Flick visiting and some villagers chilling out. I didn't do much landscaping or decorating in my town for a while and the most effort was this low effort walkway to resident services. Includes an uneven placement of everything! The second picture is a funny picture I snapped weirding out my villagers :P



We had a group of people playing Animal Crossing at work when it first came out and we would visit each other town's quite often. Everyone else was a bit more ahead of me and actually put effort into their houses. I haven't even decorate mine yet! Honestly there just isn't much furniture that excites me as you encounter the whole colour specific item thing so it's hard to collect everything yourself. Now I'm always a bit of a completion for collections in game if you've read my Style Boutique or Disney Magical World play journals. However I've just been put off trying to complete the entire catalogue in the game because it would so time consuming and difficult. If only we could just change colours the old way with Reece. Doesn't this room look awesome though! You'd never think how small it actually is!


Now for a slight improvement on the terrible walkway to resident services! I've slapped down some fences now. Most likely to please Isabelle or something. Must've worked because KK Slider visited town and I finally unlocked terraforming!



This area was one of the parts of the original layout of my island and was a simple pond area on top of the highest cliff. I would've loved to have kept it but there was no room to do anything or place anything down.



This was the photo when I first discovered the secret hidden beach and this was way before Redd was announced so I had no clue of it's purpose. It was hidden behind two levels of ground so I never knew it was there. Discovered it one day whilst clearing land for terraforming a new layout. Renee even found her way over to the area I was clearing and villagers had never really ventured over to this area previously.



Welcome to my crazy maze! I had this bright idea of getting rid of all the cliffs on my islands, flattening the land and starting from scratch. It took a while and lots of button pressings as it's a tedious process. I did it this stupid maze way where I just broke down random pathways to form a maze. Maple even found her way into the maze at one point before managing to escape and chill on the beach under a palm tree.






My friend visited my island to check out my top tourist attraction. Well only tourist attraction because my island didn't have much to offer at the time. Check out how bare the island map looks in the corner. It's amazing to think it looked like that once and now it has so many features. I quite like the map I choose and I never knew there was specific things that people looked for. The only thing I wanted was a river mouth on the left side as I wanted the opposite to what I had in New Leaf which was a right sided river mouth.


Isn't Maple's house as cute as she is? The villagers have nice interiors in New Horizons considering the lacklustre amount of items. I currently have Wendy on my island and she has a lovely interior but it's incredibly similar to Daisy's interior so that's a bit unimaginative when you think about.


Been catching some fish and bugs in the game of course. Managed to snag my first Sturgeon which ended up in this hilarious photo which looks like I'm cooking it over the fire. It's always exciting when a new month comes along in the game and everyone goes crazy trying to catch all the new creatures within the first day. Meanwhile I'm sitting here forgetting it's a new month and not realising there are new creatures until like half way through the month.



Look Tom Nook, we all know that the villagers will contribute very little to these town projects. I remember in New Leaf making them pay for an entire bench and that took forever! Hey sometimes your friends don't even contribute a decent amount either even though you know how many bells they have :(


Not sure what's going on in the below picture. Must've been something to do with Butch because it looks like he is thinking about something. This picture reminds me of how terrible my building placement was in the beginning. I just slapped the lots down in awful locations near the bottom of the map as I knew I would move them later.


Visited my friend's town who has an amazing layout and has put so much effort into her island. I mean look at the map, that villager house placement! She had just built this gorgeous zen garden area with a massive waterfall feature. Being a Saturday when I visited, I stayed for the KK Slider concert and it's cute how you can attend it with your friends.






Moved Able Sisters to it's second location and not final as I ended up moving it like twice more. I love using Mister Bubz pictures to plan out my building placements haha. The second picture showcases my brilliantly pointless way of figuring out the dimensions of villagers houses. I later just googled it which was way easier and started using the pictures on the ground for reference. My original idea for villager houses was to put a fence around the house and create a little yard. But the space it took up was too large and I abandoned this idea eventually.



And that's it for my play journal for New Horizons! I will aim to post these more often so we can catch up to recent months in the game. These screenshots were back from April which seems like forever ago for this year! I hope you enjoy my adventures in the game and I'll be back soon with more!


No comments:

Post a Comment