Saturday 7 March 2020

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Looking Back Through Time Part 3

Last of old screenshots from Animal Crossing: New Leaf to get hyped for the release of New Horizons. This is the last lot of old screenshots I could find from the game that I haven't shared on the blog yet. Most of these aren't from the early stages of the game last my previous posts were. The outfit my character has on was the QR Code dress I wore for pretty much most of the time I played the game in later years. It's just so adorable with the little backpack on the back! Anyway first off here is a silly photo of my favourite villager Frita!



Quick tour of some spots in my town and these areas have changed over time. Sometimes I have to demolish the public works projects just to move them over one tile. The game really needed a customisation option for things like this because I'm sure not the only player to have experienced this.










Who doesn't enjoy rainy days in Animal Crossing? The villagers are so cute when they carrying around umbrellas! I never really carry one around because my character has no care. Standing on the bridge shown below is one of my favourite spots to grab photos with villagers as they look too adorable standing next to you.




In my town, I stuck the Resetti hatch right in the corner behind the town hall. Couldn't think of anywhere better for it and it's hidden away here like a secret base. Used some QR code patterns to make a little pond around it and there is a stone pathway leading to it. You can see from the two photos that the landscaping really improves the look of the area.





As usual, here is a bunch of photos of my character hanging out with the villagers. Had a fair amount of them come through my town over the years with some returning for a second visit. I must remember to write down names of villagers I get in New Horizons so I recall who has visited over time. Last photo is of a shady dealing between me and Frita haha.







Whilst on the topic of villagers, enjoy a few pics of them putting their houses in dumb locations. That was the worst part of the game and really turned me off playing a few times because a villager would ruin my perfect paths and access points. Like the time Peaches put her stupid house right in front of the path to the beach! Took forever to get her to move out.





That one time I managed to get six rocks to all spawn near each other. It was quite amusing and a great feat. Well it was more laziness because I forgot to smash them all or hadn't played in a little while. One of those two things caused this. Also include a layout of my town in New Leaf which I felt was pretty decent. There was a fair amount of large spaces to put public works projects and good distances between the bridges.





Once in the game, I got my villagers to pay for the majority of a public works project. Took forever but it happened! Funny thing is that they don't even use this bench which I placed right next to my house.



I'm hoping in New Horizons the developers got rid of the public works projects thing or at least improved it. The things I hated about it was the randomness of trying to get villagers to request things (there are projects I still don't have in the game), frustrating to try to fit the project in the location you want and the limit of how many you could have in your town. I know some of these points are there due to limitations with the game, but I think the system really does need an overhaul.





My friend and I were discussing New Horizons recently and were wondering if Isabelle was even in it. Quick google search stated she will be in the game, but at a later point once your island is developed. From all the promotional stuff, Tom Nook and Co has been the focal point main NPC wise.




Opening a few town projects with my fellow villagers. Who usually didn't contribute to the funding on the project at all. I have always enjoyed the placement of the fire hydrant in my town as I thought the emergency theme of it matched the police station idea.






Managed to come across this old screenshot from my game when I had over 3,000 visits to my Dream Town. Then I found out Nintendo wiped all the old codes and each town had a new address, so that was a bit sad. I have updated my Dream Address since and you can visit it at 7A00-004D-AD3C!



No comments:

Post a Comment