Saturday 30 December 2017

My K-Pop Collection 2017

During 2017, I focused mainly on building up my Japanese Pop collection and didn't really work much on my Korean Pop collection in terms of physical albums. I did purchased a lot of digital albums this year from a variety of groups. This post will only look at my current physical album collection though. Here is a photo of all my albums which are a lovely selection of crazy sizes.



The albums in my collection include:
  • Crayon Pop - Evolution Pop_Vol.1
  • I.O.I - Mini Album Volume 1 - Chrysalis (Special Edition)
  • T-ARA - Mini Album Volume 11 - So Good
  • Strawberry Milk - The 1st Mini Album 
  • Crayon Pop - 2015 Mini Album Volume 2 - FM
  • Orange Caramel - The Fourth Single - My Copycat/Do It Like Me
  • Orange Caramel - The Third Single - Catallena
  • I.O.I - Single Album - Whatta Man
  • Crayon Pop - Single Album - Uh-Ee
  • Hong Jin Young - Mini Album Vol 2 - The Most Beautiful Moment In Life
  • AOA - Vol 1 - Angel's Knock (Taiwan Version A)
  • April - Single Album Vol 1 - Boing Boing
  • Red Velvet - Vol 1 - The Red
  • Girls Generation - 2011 Girls Generation Tour (2CD + Photobook)
  • Crayon Pop - Mini Album - Streets Go Disco (Australian Version)
  • Girls Generation - The Boys (US Version)

Crayon Pop makes up the largest part of my collection as they were one of my favourite groups whilst they were still together as a five-member group. Nowadays they don't release anything, so I haven't had anything new to add to my collection. The Evolution Pop album I ordered from KpopMart which I had never used before. I enjoyed getting the free poster, but I was surprised the order reached me as the box was badly beaten up when I received it. I also found (and I know other fans found it as well) that the product was faulty and the CD's weren't held in place well. I easily fixed mine but I heard you could've sent it back or something. I was lucky enough to get the Australian version of Streets Go Disco a few years ago when the group had a deal to sell the album at a local music store chain. The one thing that I don't like about the Crayon Pop albums is the fact they don't come with photocards (the ones I have didn't come with any). FM would've been an amazing album to have photo cards for!


Crayon Pop collection

Orange Caramel is another favourite group of mine and I'm so disappointed that they no longer promote as a group. Cmon on Pledis, just announce that After School and Orange Caramel are disbanded already and put me out of my misery!! Anyway I only have two physical Korean albums from the group and I would collect more if they weren't ridiculously overpriced. One day I like to get the rest of their Korean singles and albums, but for now I'll just stick with the digital versions.


Orange Caramel collection

I.O.I was a group I was into for a while last year and collected two of their albums. I watched Produce101 when it was airing and was a fan of Sohye. Ended up getting the Special Edition of Chrysalis when it was released and it is an gorgeous album. I love the aesthetics of the album design and you get a fair amount of goodies with it. The Whatta Man single wasn't one I was originally planning on getting but ended up ordering it as I needed an extra item to qualify for free shipping. After Whatta Man, my interest faded in the group and I didn't collect the last album. Plus that Very Very Very song was a bit annoying and I could never really listen to it.


I.O.I Collection

And here's the last few albums in my collection. I brought the Taiwan Edition of AOA's Angels Knock album as it was only a bit more expensive than the Korean version with a better cover. I find album covers with just words or logos on them boring and I prefer to have the group on the cover. The Hong Jin Young album is one of my favourites and has some beautiful songs on it. Most of the albums in these photos are ones I've randomly collected over the years as I came across them for a cheap price or the album wasn't available on iTunes so I brought the physical one. Red Velvet's The Red album is stunning! I love the design and costumes the group wears. When I was buying it in a shop, the lady even commented on how beautiful the album was. I think when I brought the Girls Generation Live Tour album it was on clearance for like $8 or something. So I think that's how it ended up in my collection. The Boys album is from Amazon and was the only album I played in my car for months when I first got it. After that I think it was the group's first Japanese album that I played constantly. The CD even got stuck in my CD player when it broke and I had to get it taken out by the guy at the car mechanic place!


T-ARA, AOA and Hong Jin Young.

April, Girls Generation and Red Velvet.

In 2018 I'm planning on focusing on my J-Pop collection, but there are a few K-Pop albums on my wish list. Most are for aesthetics reasons because I just love the designs! Ever felt like buying an album just because you like how it looks? Well that's how I feel when I see K-Pop albums sometimes. Anyway, the albums on my wish list include:
  • Any of the Orange Caramel ones I'm missing if I can find them.
  • Pungdeng-E - Stay (Their most recent album which I am yet to collect)
  • Gugudan - 1st Single Album - Chococo Factory (I am in love with the look of this album! It's so gorgeous!)
  • Momoland - Vol 1 - Welcome To Momoland (I'm intrigued by this group but haven't yet gotten into them. The design of this album is cute and I enjoy the title song)
  • CocoSori's new single (hopefully coming out early next year)
  • CocoSori - Single Album Vol 1 - Dark Circle (Have this digitally, but would like the physical version for the photo book)
  • April Single Album Vol 2 - Mayday (I love the retro look of the album)
  • ELRIS - Mini Album Vol 1 - WE, First (I enjoyed their debut song and the photo book looks stunning)

All the albums in this post were purchased from a variety of stores. Most came from YesAsia or the local K-Pop store where I live. Others were gifts or brought off Amazon or Ebay. I'm interested in trying out CatchopCD next year as their prices and shipping are quite reasonable. YesAsia is getting quite expensive for K-Pop albums. If you would like more information on buying albums and singles online, I've reviewed a number of online and local stores in a guide here.

No comments:

Post a Comment