Sunday 31 December 2017

December Favourites

2018 is coming to a close and that means it's time for my December favourites!

Gaming
I've been playing a variety of games this month. Style Boutique 3 was one of them as if you could've of guessed. I unlocked a lot of amiibo items this month and will get around to posting them on my other blog soon. I'm sad that fashion shows are not in this game as I'm missing the challenge of finding perfect outfits.

Besides Style Boutique 2, I've been doing my town up in Animal Crossing New Leaf the past few days so I could update my dream address. Luckily none of my villagers moved out whilst I wasn't playing. I would've been upset if Frita moved out as she's my favourite. Been grinding away on Disney Magical World again. I hate how it's impossible to get certain items in that game and how furniture costs stupid amounts to build. 
 
Ah! I'm stuck!

Now for games that are not on the 3DS. Steam is currently having a sale and you know what that means? Yes, buying lots of games and never getting around to playing them haha. A friend sent me Goat Simulator and a Nancy Drew game which I'm looking forward to playing. I got a whole bunch of other games during the sale as well: the Nancy Drew Collectors Pack, Space Channel 5: Part 2, Voodoo Garden, Find This and Castaway Paradise. I love Castaway Paradise as it's super cute and similar to Animal Crossing. I don't get why Steam never recommended it to me earlier, it's totally the type of game I play! It has some amusing quests, one villager made me sort out his debt and then burying letters from the tax man. Such a crazy game.

Castaway Paradise has some interesting quests.

Music
This month, I received E-girls Lesson 1 album in the mail and it is amazing. I've been listening to it frequently and Ready Go is one of my new favourites. I got the Taiwan Limited Edition that comes with the CD, DVD and Photobook. And I love the fact it came with the plastic sleeve! It's always great when albums come with one as it helps protect the album when in storage.

Another E-girls album for the collection.

I've actually been listening to an album that's not J-Pop or K-Pop related this month. Omg! I know, I think it's crazy. I've actually gotten back into a band called the Kaiser Chiefs. I used to be a hardcore fan back when they first came on the scene with their album Employment. I remember hanging out with my friend years ago waiting to buy their second album Yours Truly Angry Mob. We each got the Limited Edition version but I could never work out what was so limited about it. It was literally the same as the normal one. Their second album is the one I've been listening to a lot recently and it's an excellent album. 

Art 
For Christmas I got a copy of the Everyday Watercolour book from Jenna Rainey. It looks amazing and very informative. I'm excited to start it in the next few weeks. One of my resolutions for next year is to be more creative and I've got a few instructional art books to work through which should be exciting!

Sewing
Picked up a few new sewing patterns recently and looking forward to making some of them early next year. Most of these were Christmas presents but I picked out the patterns I was after as I wanted useful ones I would actually wear. I got the matching accessories pattern for the Lolita dress pattern. I've made my own Lolita dress before from scratch, so it will be nice to try making one based off an actual pattern.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment