Tuesday 26 September 2017

September Favourites

The end of September is almost here so I thought I'd post a list of some of my favourite things from this month!

Gaming 
Recently I got Disney Magical World and I've been playing it during my free time. I've got the second one which I've almost finished and the first one is quite different from the second. It's a lot more challenging trying to get items to craft items so it's taking a while to get anywhere in the game. I'm up to about 35 stickers so far which isn't too bad.


Music
Got a few new albums this month which were mainly j-pop ones. Other than that, I've been getting back into music I used to listen to before I got in kpop and jpop. Been on an 80's kick recently so I've been listening to Icehouse, Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics. The radio plays at the place I work and it's always exciting when they play what they call 'old school music'. Now I wouldn't call 2011 old school, but when they start playing hits from 2006, it takes me back to listening to the same songs back in senior school.

Movies 
I don't get to the movies too often considering I work next to one, but I managed to make it there this month. It was the 20th anniversary of Spiceworld this year and cinemas around the country where airing it to celebrate. I went to the screening the other night and it was amazing! I hadn't seen a movie in this particular cinema room (I usually go to ones in the smaller cinemas) but it was awesome to see it on the biggest screen the cinema has. It was really fun and I enjoyed feeling like I was back in the 1990's as a kid singing along to the hits of the Spice Girls.

Books
Haven't had the chance to read too many books this month, but at the start of September I did read Scooter Girl. Originally I had seen it in a local comic shop when I was in there with friends. However I came across it at my library so I thought I'd hire it to read and I really enjoyed it! The story was interesting and I loved the mod feel to the story and characters. 


Art
Recently I've been getting back into art and watching a lot of youtube videos on techniques. I used to study art for a long time years ago, but dropped it due to other commitments to sewing and construction. Whilst searching through youtube, I discovered a girl called Chloe Rose Art and I have been loving her videos. Her comedy ones are hilarious and so relatable. Whenever I go to the art store, I'm always reminded on her jokes about copic markers when I walk down the copic aisle.

Besides sitting around watching art videos on youtube, I've been into bullet journaling lately. I came across it a few months ago and have slowly been getting into it. Found a cheap and great quality dotted journal recently in Officeworks so I've started taking bullet journaling a bit more seriously the last few weeks. One of my pages in the journal is a checklist for tracking my badge progress in Animal Crossing. I've found since I started doing this, it's way easier to see where I am in regards to getting a new badge. And it also makes me realise that pulling 5000 weeds is impossible.


I'm hoping to update this blog more as I have lots of great ideas for posts I wanted to share. It can be difficult running multiple blogs at the same time. Some days I love blogging and others I don't have the energy after work to check them. But I've always wanted to have a personal blog where I can share my thoughts and interests. So please look forward to more regular updates and thank you for reading this far

No comments:

Post a Comment