Saturday, 1 August 2026

July Favourites

Happy to see the end of July mainly because I've had a never-ending cold for the entire month. Plus it's super cold and I'm so excited for Spring to come soon. I'm not a fan of cold weather and spend a lot of time underneath a warm rug with a book. Been a little while since I posted a monthly favourites due to the break so here are some of my favourite things for the month of July.

Gaming

The other week I posted a new play journal for Model Debut4 which I've started playing again this month. Been enjoying it so far and I'm interested to see any new characters that appear. A few have appeared recently and it's always fun to work on leveling up friendships. Anotehr game I have been playing is Coloree as I discovered new DLC on the eshop. The latest set is wildlife which has some lovely colours in the pictures. I've finished quite a few of the pictures already and await the next DLC!

Ages ago I brought a little game called My Cozy Room on the switch and picked it up recently to play. It's a cute game where you decorate a small room with various objects. You can also buy packs with themed items and I believe I got a bundle set that had a few of the packs in it. My Cozy Room is one of those games you always see on the e-shop for like $5 with multiple versions. It's a nice game to kill time with and I loved making this pretty pink themed bedroom.

 

Reading

In 2026, I've really kicked up my hobby of reading and are trying to read more instead of scrolling on my phone. I used to read stacks years ago but it dropped off slightly in the last few. So one of my goals this year was to read 100 books and I'm up to 78 so far! I use the Storygraph app for tracking my reading and it's great! Been using it for a few years now and it gives you some amazing statistics about your reading. Here is a little summary for the month of July!

Music

Brought Madonna's new album CONFESSIONS II that came out this month and I quite liked it. It feels very modern and a good selection of songs. Plus the song lengths weren't super short like most songs nowadays that are only like 2.50 mins long. I pre-ordered the limited edition version and luckily I did because it's now out of stock here. I saw on my local music store's site that she is releasing the Japanese editions of all her albums in Australia and I'm thinking I might pick up a few of her earlier albums.

When I listen to music, I use an app called Musicolet as it's amazing for organising my music how I like. I don't use Spotify or streaming services and only buy music via CD's or iTunes. Musicolet is super easy to import to on my phone and set what album covers I want to each one. Plus it gives you cool stats with most played so here are my most played songs and artists for July 2026. I mainly listen to albums in full as I can easily queue them one after another on the app. Which makes it super easy to start a new album whilst driving. Human Nature was the winner this month and I have the bonus disc version of the Counting Down album so it was a long one.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment