Wednesday 13 April 2022

ぴこぷり Pikopuri January - March 2017 Magazine - ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3

A few years back, I wrote a blog post covering the ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3 content in the Japanese magazine ぴこぷり Pikopuri. I was recently sorting through my bookshelf and was reading my ぴこぷり Pikopuri issues and thought it was a great time to post some more Pikopuri Girls Mode content! This time I'll be showcasing the January - March 2017 issue which features a cute Isabelle on the cover. There was a fun bonus with this issue which was a guide to NPC's in Animal Crossing New Leaf and I actually use this one a bit!

Onto the ガールズモード 3 Girls Mode 3 photos now and this issue only features four pages of the game. The game had been out for a long time and wasn't as popular to be featured as a key title in the magazine. It wasn't even featured on the front cover and with that, I knew there wouldn't be too much stuff in it. I actually brought this for the Animal Crossing book and the Girls Mode stuff was a nice bonus.



I always love admiring these pages as I adore how they layout all the items and match them to illustrations. It always reminds me of old KERA or Japanese fashion magazines. Everything catches your eye! Nice to see how the editors of the magazine styled the items and some I would've never thought of. The ガールズモード 3 section always features a little comic featuring various characters from the series and this issue features two different stories with one about Sophie. Awww she is the cutest and I miss her in Styling Star.




There are some crazy looking outfits on this page and I'm leaning more towards the outfit on the cartoon illustration. That denim skirt would look great with a plaid outer, how have I never thought of that? Also loving the lavender look with the fluffy vest. It just works when I thought it wouldn't! The look next to it isn't bad and has a glam/flirty feel to it. Some of the items on this page are very flirty feeling.


This page features another comic this time including Magda the fortune teller. She was a character I completely forgot about until I was reading this magazine. I guess it's been that long since I visited her in game and with fortune tellers, I always think of Katrina from Animal Crossing (even thought I rarely use her too). The magazine features some useful tips for gameplay throughout the pages which is a fun way to explain game mechanics. Japanese game guides are always superior to the ones like Prima we get here. Way more detail and presented in a colourful manner.




Wow there really wasn't much in this issue! Only a few pages and most of the photos were close ups of the pages. This issue is out of print now so it is hard to obtain. I've got more issues to share at a later date and this has given me some new outfit ideas! Hopefully you got some inspiration for new looks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment