Thursday 3 September 2020

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Adventures With Friends

Got a bunch more screenshots from Animal Crossing New Horizons to share! These were back from the early days of the game so the layout of my island is pretty bare and villagers are just starting to be introduced. First off is this picture of Alice who had just moved into my town during the last play journal. I love the koala villagers as they are so adorable and have lovely designs. I just can't pick my favourite and I currently have two koalas in my town at the moment who are awesome.

Visited a few of my friend's islands and it was neat to see the different island layouts. Love this placement of Nook's near the waterfall and cliff edges. During the early days of the game, we all had such silly and basic looking outfits on. The second I got the QR Code scan feature with online I scanned in the dress I used to wear in New Leaf. It still looks lovely in New Horizons but the backpack part seems a bit useless now that you can have actual bags. This outfit will always have a special place in my heart as it's been with me for so long and I rarely took it off in New Leaf.



Isabelle started working at Resident Services and by working, I mean not doing much at all. Her character is kinda pointless in New Horizons honestly and I do such an eye roll when she says that there is nothing to report today. Like at least tell me if there are special visitors because sometimes I don't have time to play hide and seek looking for them everywhere.




More fun in a friend's town who was AFK whilst my friend and I were visiting. I think it was his outfit that was the hilarious part of this photo and that silly tambourine which was comedy gold for the first few days we discovered you could just hit it repeatedly. I reckon I visited more friend's towns in the first few weeks of the game than I did in New Leaf. Actually got the Nook Miles achievements unlike the badge ones in New Leaf that had a ridiculous amount of visits you needed for both your town and others.



My friend was lucky enough to have the marvellous wonderful and all round perfect Bob come live in his town. Look at this cutie, how can you hate him? Next photo is of our disappointment of the lack of meteors whilst wearing stylish outfits haha. That silly egg outfit which will bring back flashbacks of bunny eggs to any player. Last picture is of more Bob stalking because that's what you gotta do when you visit a town he resides in. 




Here was my genius idea of putting things to build on the beach cause I had no idea where to put them in my town. Also the beach doubles as a dumping ground for materials and DIYs. I eventually had to pick them up cause Isabelle kept telling me off for it. Don't ruin my system Isabelle!! Aren't all the villagers adorable in their little raincoats? So cute!!! I do think the outfits villagers put on for seasonal weather events is one of the best new additions to the game.


More adventures in my friend's town and the first time I discovered players will wave at you when you fly over. It's a fun little feature and the view looks great when you fly over decorated areas of islands. She had Merry in her town at this time and I was obsessed with seeing inside her house. Before this photo was taken, I had previously visited and was so furious Merry wasn't inside her house so I could see the interior. Which I now realised was only the started furniture layout so what on earth was I so crazy about haha? I think the exterior of her house was really cute so I was desperate to see inside.




More Bob stalking because it just seems like everyone else was lucky to get him in their island randomly. Spoiler alert, I actually have him in my town now too. Scanned him in via amiibo as I wanted to see what he was like to have around town and he does some cute animations. The thing with lazy personality villagers is that I have too many favourites and wish I could have them all *cries* :(


During the early days of the game, my town was a mess of random stuff because I didn't care to do much until I unlock terraforming. So this is what the area of my house looks like for a while. Yep, it was definitely something. The starter house aesthetic and my proud collection of early hybrid flowers. Horrible placement of Able Sister's right next to my fences which I was so hot on early on. And the epic Mr Bubz artwork surrounded by a campfire. Yes, it has it all! Just look up Mr Bubz (misterbubz on instagram) and you won't be sorry.




That's it for this second play journal of New Horizons! I have a bunch more pictures from April which is where all these were taken. I love the screenshot feature being so simple to use in the game as I'm one of those players who loves taking them (you can probably guess that if you seen most of my blog posts here and on my Style Boutique blogs). The filters are a neat addition and make for some interesting artistic style photos. Final picture is from the first time I found a special island with Nook Miles and didn't get the basic one for once. Struck gold with the money rock island which I've been to a number of times now. Never seen the big fish or trash island yet and I believe they removed the hybrid flower one which sucks cause who doesn't love free flowers? Anyway thanks for reading and there will be another play journal in the future!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello! Yes I am still playing New Horizons nearly every day. Working on finishing my town currently :)

      Delete