Monday 6 November 2023

Fashion Dreamer Play Journal - The Beginning

The release day of the long anticipated Fashion Dreamer game on Nintendo Switch has come and gone! I was quite excited to pick up my game on Friday and had to put up with it staring at me all day until I could pay for it. Now I'm not going to comment on my review of the game as I haven't played enough to give a solid opinion on the game. I've seen players who have played over 10 hours of the game was like wow! Please send some of your free time my way! Not sure how much I've played, maybe under five and I have a small selection of screenshots to share for my very first Fashion Dreamer play journal!

My character is called Marzipan and I went with a cute girly image for my muse. The hairstyle selection was good and I like the range of facial/skin options. I wasn't too sure what to pick for favourite print as I don't have a standout one (maybe gingham?).


The world of Eve is quite colourful and easy to move around in. However can they please add running! It drives me insane at how slow my muse moves! I don't have much time for gaming nowadays so I like to be able to move at sonic speed. The NPC's reminded me of the ones from Style Boutique where they'd say silly or bizarre things. I like that their text matches their personalities and I liked that one girl who talks about the zoo and animals a lot.



Dressed up a few NPC's once I figured out what on earth I should be doing. I played the game after a long day of work so my brain was fried. Appreciate how quickly the process takes as Style Boutique could be annoying with talking to them in the boutique, picking an outfit, watching all the showing off animations, talking to them again and then saying goodbye. Like so tedious once you look back and think about it. I love how quick and simple Fashion Dreamer has made it. My one negative so far with the random NPCs is that the last two days, my area has only been male characters. Great for getting those items but I would like some females to show up.


The photo egg is something. I thought the photo mode would be a bit more user friendly as I find it rather annoying to navigate. Also I kept turning my head sideways to look at my characters pose on the television and it was making me dizzy. There are definitely aspects of the photo taking process that could be improved in my opinion however the quality of pictures is quite nice. Ignoring the giant logo on the bottom screen. I never noticed it until I put the photos on my computer. It would be cool if you could remove all the interface buttons whilst selecting poses so you take screenshots with the camera button on the switch. That way you could take more photos quickly and not have to go in and out of the menus. Here are some cute pictures I took of my character in these gorgeous blue dress that I love!




Still trying to work out the brand design aspect of the game and I've made a few things. I originally thought when it asked for a logo that it would slap it onto the clothes and I hated the idea of that. Thankfully it was just for the game and my clothes won't be ruined by the logo. Designed this groovy skirt which I tried giving to a NPC but I don't think she liked it. Who knows? I have no clue either.



More lovely snapshots of my muse and the make-up suggestions the game gives you are quite good. I got a touch-up in the Salon area and was surprised at how nice it looked. Seriously thought the suggestions were going to be as bad as the old makeup sets from Style Boutique. Some of those had some interesting colour choices.



That is all for this first Fashion Dreamer post and I will be playing some more of the game this week. I feel like it is the kind of game where it is good in short bursts. I've enjoyed playing it for small sessions and I think that would fit into my schedule well. Believe I have reached the point in the game where you finish the tutorial and I've opened my Showroom. Tomorrow I will post my ID and showroom for anyone who would like to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment