Thursday 14 January 2021

Zenmarket Haul - AKB48, Apink, T-ARA, TWICE & S.O.A.P

Finally have some spare time after the busy retail Christmas season AND the post-Christmas sale season. I'm am so happy that everything has finally quietened down and it's not crazy hectic anymore. So it's time to post my recent haul from Zenmarket! I got these items back in December and I did a big order as I wanted to save on shipping. Luckily the 2 - 4 day shipping was only 300JPY more than the 3 month shipping! Zenmarket is currently not offering the usual DHL cheaper option that I normally use so it was tricky to calculate postage costs in my head. But when it came to the selection when the package was created, the DHL Express was the most suitable option so I went with that. Packaging was great and weighed just under 2kg. Anyway enough about boring logistics, let's take a look at the items!

I brought a bunch of releases that had been high priority on my wishlist for a while now and some were ones that are harder to come across. The main artist of this haul is AKB48 which I got 9 CD's of! I'm absoutely mad trying to start an AKB48 collection :P There's just so many to collect! The rest of the CD's are a mixture of K-Pop artists and one special Western release.


First up is the gem of my AKB48 collection so far! One of my favourite AKB48 A-sides is ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki and I searched all over Yahoo Auctions for a complete set of the single. Sure that was an easy task however so many listings didn't include the OBI :( I eventually found this set for 500JPY that had all the OBI's included! Yay! I'm in love with the concept of this single and all the versions look great together. I quite like the AKB48 version system as you get different songs on each version which is good value in my opinion. It's always annoying needing a certain version to complete a set and the content is the same as other versions. My favourite B-side is on Type B of this single which is 君だけにChu!Chu!Chu! by the Tentoumu Chu! sub-unit. This song is so adorable and I love all the songs by this unit. I wish they had actual singles or albums.

ハート・エレキ Heart Ereki Type A, Type K, Type B, Type 4 & Theatre Edition


Next up is a bunch of AKB48 albums and best albums. The ones I brought are  神曲たち Kamikyokutachi Theatre Edition, ここにいたこと Koko ni Ita Koto Theatre Edition, SET LIST〜グレイテストソングス〜完全盤〜 and 次の足跡 Tsugi no Ashiato Type B 2CD Regular Edition. I'm not sure which one is my favorite so far as I love them all! It took some searching for 次の足跡 Tsugi no Ashiato as I specifically wanted Type B and not many sellers were selling it with the OBI. Eventually found a random listing with nothing listed in the description so I took a chance and brought it! Item turned out great and it even came with a photo of a member (I'm not too sure who it is as I only really know certain early generation members).



Some more T-ara CD's to add to my collection because why not? Haha no it's because I love T-ara and someone was selling two of their Japanese albums together in a set cheap. I got the Pearl Editions of Jewelry Box and Treasure Box which are their first and second Japanese albums. There was even some photo cards included which is nice as I don't have too many T-ara photocards. I actually think I don't have any as the only release I've brought of theirs brand new was So Crazy and that didn't have any photocards. My favourite song from these is T-ARATiC MAGiC MUSiC because it's a total bop!



Another new artist joining my collection in this haul! I've been listening to Apink casually for a few years now and have a few of their Korean releases digitally. But I finally bit the bullet and got my hands on two of their Japanese albums as I quite like their Japanese releases. I picked up PINK SEASON Limited Edition B CD+DVD and PINK♥DOLL Limited Edition C Bo Mi version. I really wanted to get PINK SEASON as I enjoyed all the Japanese versions of their Korean songs especially Hush and LUV. It's difficult to find copies of this single sometimes and luckily someone was selling one with the OBI for 1000JPY so I grabbed it straight away. I got the PINK♥DOLL one because it was only 100JPY and was a sweet deal! I would've brought their other Japanese album Pink Stories as well but no one was selling it in a condition I wanted it in.



Had to get a TWICE release as I've become quite a fan of them in the last year. I can totally see why people love them and become fans! Their songs are catchy and their physical releases are always of high quality. I got their 9th Mini Album recently and it had so many photocards!! Found a copy of the ONCE JAPAN Edition of Fanfare and it's nice to add a fanclub edition to my collection. I liked this particular listing as you got the poster and two photocards! Plus the single cover is one of my favourite of all time. It's so cute and unique and just makes me wanna frame it to put on display. More TWICE photocards to add to my collection hooray! I love the group cards and I always get them with the Japanese releases. I hope TWICE releases an English album soon that will be sold in main music stores as I'd love to get it and jam to English versions of my fave songs.




Last up is not a J-Pop artist nor a K-Pop artist, it's a 90's pop group! Back in 2020, I was watching youtube one day having a 90's/2000's marathon as you do and I came across a song I had forgotten about since the 90's! It was 'This Is How We Party' by S.O.A.P and I was instantly obssessed. Got one of their singles off ebay but I held off getting their album Not Like Other Girls as I read about a Japanese version existing. I was enthralled as I just had to have it for that OBI and bonus tracks. So I searched around and found a listing of this one for only 250JPY. Turns out it is a Japanese sample board/ promo CD which is cool! I have some promotional CD's for other artists but it's cool to see one from another country. The Japanese version has a bonus track exclusive to Japan and who doesn't love bonus tracks?



That's all for my Zenmarket haul! So many exciting new additions to my collection and not enough time to listen to them all! I've picked up quite a few new CD's in a recent months so might do another random CD haul soon. Some new K-Pop additions too that I got from JB HiFi and online. Next post will be a review of some CLC Japanese releases so keep an eye out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment