Monday 27 November 2017

New Style Boutique 3 Is Here!!

I got my copy of New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star on the weekend and I'm so happy!! I didn't have much time to play it over the weekend due to work commitments but I've already clocked 6 hours of game time.



Getting the game was a bit of a nightmare. Now I'm not one to pre-order games, but I find with rarer games like Style Boutique you do need to pre-order them as stores won't get many copies in or none at all. There's a few stores I can get my game from here and I thought really hard about where to get it from and still messed it up. I originally didn't pre-order the game from EB Games (Australian version of Gamestop) because last time I pre-ordered Fashion Forward with them, they didn't even hold my pre-order and said 'oh lucky we have one here on display'. I was really grumpy about that so it affected my decision to pre-order with them. So I didn't go with them and choose to pre-order with another store instead. So I go into the store by my work a few weeks ago to pre-order the game. After having to repeat the game title three times to girl because she didn't know what I was talking about, turns out the game had a different code on it and it wasn't showing up. They said they'll manually enter it and waive the deposit fee. I asked them if the game would be available to pick on the release day (25th November) and they ensured me it would. I double checked and they said it absolutely would be available as they get orders in all the time. And guess what? I go into the store on the 25th and the game isn't there. I was so angry, they said they definitely would have it and they don't. They said they didn't get the order in but their other stores have it. I asked them 'Do you have a copy I can buy today?' and they said no so I just left and ran straight to EB Games to see if they had copies. Luckily the stars aligned and they had 5 copies! The guy probably thought I was crazy running in asking for a fashion game. I explained what had happened and why I originally didn't pre-order with them and he thought it was amusing.

So I finally had the game, but couldn't play it all day due to work. But I started it up as soon as I got home and I've been enjoying it so far. You can definitely tell it's like the first one (trendsetters) more than the recent one (Fashion Forward). The new clothing items are amazing and I like that customers ask more varied requests. Everyone wants basic items, no ever asked for that in the previous one! The only issue I'm finding is the in-game clock moves quite fast and customers don't appear as much at the boutique as they did in Fashion Forward. Hopefully this will pick up once I progress and finish the main story line.

Will be posting some play journals soon and guides over at my New Style Boutique 3 Guide Blog. I've been taking lots of photos and there's just way too many amazing outfits to take photos of as well!

11 comments:

  1. really enjoying it and my favourite part was when Loriel wanted an outfit for the Chellage and it was flower theme. I gave her bright flowers shoes and I can't remember what else she wore I will have a look tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've had a few challenges from her. She's almost ready to open her beautician in my game.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear I got mine pretty good because it was the weekend and I got there 10:05am at Eb games after it was opened at the Shopping mall. I got it with no problem at all. I have been really enjoying it and my favourite part was when Loriel wanted anoutfit for the Chellage and it was flower theme. I gave her bright flowers shoes and I can't remember what else she wore I will have a look tomorrow It was a glitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was same person who wrote those two comments and it was not working well for me at the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, sometimes blogger/google comments has a bit of trouble :)

      Delete
  4. Do you have Mighty Ape in Australia? Cause it was pretty cheap on there for a while - especially compared to EB Games. (I'm from New Zealand / style.boutique.kiwi on instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I remember you from instagram :)

      We have Mighty Ape but I've never used it. I never buy games online (besides Steam ones) and just buy them at the shop because I like the convenience. I think with shipping, the price worked out about the same which was $50AUD. I do buy a lot of stuff online such as CD's and books, but I've never brought games

      Delete
  5. Heya! Thanks for all the hard work with the guides <3 I personally get my 3DS games from https://www.nzgameshop.com/ - they ship to Korea, so I'm sure they'll ship to Australia too! I preordered my game and they basically shipped it out on the day of the game release. I hope you enjoy the game!!! I've been playing it nonstop since I got my copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to take a look at it one day. I'm pretty much set for games now that New Style Boutique 3 is out. I really should finish all my other 3DS games like Pokemon X and all my games on Steam.
      I like to get my games on release day so I find it a bit easier to get them at the shop. I just had a bit of bad luck with preorders haha

      Delete
  6. Hi Marzipanini owner ID 0003531208 here. In the U.K styling star came out on the 24th November 2017 I wanted it so bad and my mom said as I've been doing well studying i could have it as a treat so guess what everywhere sold OUT! So I was watching Japanese gameplay videos with subtitles I found out they were dropping the f bomb about every character. So my mom said can you help me with Christmas shopping? I said sure and then she said you can aak them if they have that game you want I said ok but this was the 29th of November so I was doubtfull so I said if they haven't don't worry I'll wait till its in stock at CEX (trade in game shop at cheap prices everything is always in perfect condition) and get it at Christmas (bearing in mind we had snow in the UK November -April) (WTF?) we went to a shopping park and went into the toy store (which sells overpriced videogames) I said to the guy hi do you have nsb3 styling star? He said oh the one that's sold out everywhere I said yes he said we had a delivey this morning it was delayed because of the snow I said I guess they've sold out already he said we haven't sold one I nearly touched the ceiling and it was £5 cheaper than the place next door I held it and looked at it teh box art this time was beautiful thanks so much. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was quite a difficult game to get hold of in most shops. Not one of the more popular Nintendo titles.

      Delete