Wednesday 27 January 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizons Play Journal - Island Developments & Bizarre Conversations

So I got an SD Card reader for my new computer and I can finally transfer photos from my Nintendo Switch onto the computer! It was just so tricky for me to get to an Officeworks recently but I had some time free recently to get into store to purchase one. A few other shops sold readers which were all USB-C connectors which is great for laptops just not computers which are USB-A. Enough blabber about technology, I've realised it's almost been a full year since New Horizons came out and I'm far behind with my play journals! I'm still on photos from April! Look forward to seeing a lot of play journals cause I need to get through the backlog. 

Starting off, here is a cute photo of Alice in a dress I designed which turned out nice for once. I've never designed anything in the Animal Crossing games clothing wise so it was great to actually make something that resembled a dress. The koala villagers are one of my favourite animals in the series and Alice is a super cutie!


Look at who I found on a mystery island! The one and only Marshal! I was so excited to find him as he was the most exciting villager I had seen on the mystery islands. You know how it is, you just get boring or villagers you've already had. So I asked Marshal to move to my island and he's been there ever since. He has asked to leave a number of times, but I think he's super cute and has a nice personality so I always ask for him to stay.


Some lovely landscaping shots now which these areas have all changed. The first was just in front of Resident Services when I was trying to figure out what to do with the area. Alice is hanging around the area once more, she seemed to like that log stool. I mean, I'm a big fan of the log stools also. I just put them everywhere when the space looks empty and I want my villagers to sit there. Guess how many of them actually sit on them. None. Gosh I wish they'd increase the villager actions and make them sit on the benches you put everywhere instead of just on the ground. Backwards because all my villagers love doing that.




Visited a friend's town one night to see their town and some chaos ensued. Just your typical dig holes around everyone to make them stuck. This island had a nice layout with paths and a natural cliff formation. Second photo is of Apple when I terraformed everything around her house and destroyed the incline. She doesn't seem to mind! The villagers are too cute when they look down on you from a cliff edge.



This was the area I mentioned earlier in front of resident services after I did some terraforming. I was inspired by some pictures of a island I saw online when I made this area. The river separates Resident Services into it's own little area. Yes the waterfall is quite loud and it would be great if you could turn their sound down slightly. But I always play with the game sound off so I never hear them. I didn't even know the waterfalls made sounds until months into playing the game!



Moved my museum into a new location and the original plan was to build a cafe area around the museum. Maybe a pond in one corner. But eventually I didn't like this location so the museum is in a new spot now. My villagers did love hanging out around the museum and would often fish in the cliff pond out front. But I got stung by too many scorpions around here so I decided the area was probably cursed and move everything.


Apple is such an adorable villager and she is part of the Peppy personality type. The peppy types have decent dialogue but once you get more than one in your town, it gets on your nerves. This was one of my favourite quotes from Apple who would just say bizarre stuff out of nowhere. The second photo is of a friend visiting my town one night. She always has the cutest outfits on and they are always appropriate for the season!



Celebrating the upgrade of Nook's Cranny and I do love the design of the exterior of this building. All the colours and little windows are just too perfect. It would be great to see an upgrade to the shop so more items can be sold, but I quite like the design now. If I could get an upgrade, I'd like to see a design similar to Japanese convenience stores and like older Nook shop designs from previous games. The area my shop is in now would look great with an convenience store aesthetic.



Going to go through some random pictures now. First off is one of those 'take a photo' Nook Miles things. It's such a random thing to take a photo of - just my character standing in an empty space. This was at the stage where I had flattened the southern side of my island as the original cliff annoyed me. It was so thin and you couldn't do much with it. The second photo is of Apple saying bizarre stuff of course. Getting buzzed on coffee, like chill out Apple. Next is my character staring at a balloon in the distance. One thing I do like about New Horizons is at how easy it is for balloons to spawn. I used to get upset in previous games like Wild World when I would never see items in the sky. But now I get them all the time. The whole DIY recipes being exclusive to balloons is another thing. Like that is annoying.




Papi was one of the original villagers to move randomly into a house at the beginning of the game. I'd never had him in a town in older games so it was nice to see a new face. I'd actually never seen many horse villagers besides Roscoe and Julian who I had in New Leaf. Doesn't Papi look cool in this outfit? The sport style tops look great on villagers, but I just wish they'd stop giving them to me as gifts.


Moved my house to a new location as I had originally put it in a random place at the start. Once I heard you could move stuff, I just put it anywhere at the start because I knew I would move it once I found a suitable location. Like many others, I've put my house up in a top corner of the map. That seems to be the most popular location I've seen from visiting friends and islands online. The next few pictures are of the opening of a bridge that I completely paid for! Villagers contributing nothing as per usual. This is the central bridge on the island and I'm a big fan of straight line paths in Animal Crossing. So this bridge connects all the way down to the lower beach and at this point in time, it went upwards straight to the secret beach at the back of the island.




I shall finish up with this cute pic of Spike ACTUALLY USING A BENCH! I placed one of the Nook Mile ones next to Nook's Cranny to give the impression of an area around a Japanese shopping district. This picture is from the early days of the area so it isn't developed much. The bench works really well and I was so surprised to actually see a villager using it! That's all for this New Horizons play journal and I'll be back soon with another one!



No comments:

Post a Comment