Wednesday 12 February 2020

Animal Crossing New Leaf - Looking Back Through Time Part 2

A while back, I made a post looking back on old photos from Animal Crossing New Leaf. Well I found a bunch more screenshots that I haven't shared yet so I thought this was the perfect time to post about them since New Horizons is only a few weeks away from release. First up is a collage of cute rainbow snapshots I took over time. These would've been pretty early on in the game since there isn't much development around the town and I haven't used these pink paths in years. The bell public works project is still in the same spot in town however I think the yellow bench was replaced with a log one.


I kinda hope they still include pitfalls in New Horizons as it's pretty amusing when you or villagers get caught in them. The animation is just gold and I managed to save some photos of when my character got stuck in them a few times. Also how shocking is the grass erosion in some of these photos? I recall it taking months to get the grass to grow back in those spots.





This photo was the aftermath of my character getting stuck in a pitfall and I just found it hilarious at the time. That dress she is wearing as well is super cute! Must've been a QR code or something.


Some quick Resetti and co photos now. I wonder what his role will be in the new game because the switch version will have a different save system for it. I only really ignored Resetti anyway because I would occasionally reset after accidentally destroy precious hybrid flowers whilst running or landscaping.


It was such a nice time back when my town was super undeveloped. So easily to just run around like crazy and plenty of room for activity! That's one of our favourite sayings at work when we clear stuff out of an area. We always go 'so much room for activity!' then something always get dumps there in the next day or two anyway. I remember once in New Leaf when it was winter, I cut down all my trees so it was easier to make snowmen. Then I think I grew them all back to achieve perfect town status so I could get those Jacob's Ladders for decoration.


Ah the good old days when I used to sell fossils to villagers for extravagant prices. It was such a sweet scam and made so much money off it. Got sick of their houses being full of skeletons though. Does anyone else remember the flea market thing in Wild World where there was one day every so often when you could buy stuff at villagers houses or they could come to yours. I was always so scared to go inside my house on those days because they'd try to visit and buy my furniture.


The one time that Re-Tail had sea bass as the special sale item. Still wasn't worth it. Now the ore one totally was! I remember hoarding ore for months for these sales as you could make heaps of money. Also worked with sharks but that rarely came up. Made a killing whenever it did though.



No clue why I saved this photo but personally now I find the curly mustache a hilarious item. I have a few friends on Pocket Camp who I added just because of their mustache appearance.


I'm guessing shooting stars will be included in New Horizons and I'd love if they gave you better items. It was always something I already had. Still a billion times better than the silly system Gulliver had in Wild World. I always hated that as I could never complete his item set as I never saw him in my town!


A few creepy snowman pics for the post. Never did completely finish all the sets as it was such a pain. Always got the mama one made even though I had completed her set first. The Bingo system was a bit of a pain but an interesting feature. Once I created a whole army together as seen in the photo as it was the easiest place in town to roll snowballs.



Maybe this was my first hybrid flower? Looks pretty early in the game so it must've been. The purple roses always look so elegant and I think all the hybrid roses colours do. If only they were easier to achieve.


Now for a collection of photos of villagers being weird around town. Honestly Bill is one of the best villagers just for his face. I love this pic where he just looks annoyed at me from a distance. I miss Frita so much, she was my favourite villager ever in the game. I am yet to come across her in Pocket Camp, I don't think she is in it. Haven't seen her come up as a map from Gulliver at all and I've been getting a lot from him recently.











This spot here in my town is such an awkward spot. I have to curve the path around to make it line up perfectly into the plaza area. Then some stupid villager always dumps their house where my character is standing in the picture. Or I hit the limit for bushes and trees in the area. No clue how the area looks currently as I haven't looked in a while. I'm guessing kinda the same as this was all I could really do with it.


And that's it for another set of old New Leaf photos! I do have more photos that I'll post in another blog post soon so I can get it out before New Horizons comes out. Hopefully the game will have an easy system for getting screenshots off the console. I shall leave you with this adorable photo of me and some villagers taking part in the Fishing Tourney.


No comments:

Post a Comment