Sunday 23 June 2019

Recreating Modelling Jobs - Part 3

Recently I've gotten back into playing Style Boutique and I've honestly missed it a lot! I think I got a bit burnt out on it and couldn't play my 3DS for ages. Work has been super busy over the last few months and I think I was just too tired from that to play games. But I'm back into the swing of it now and decided to do another modelling jobs recreation post. These are super fun as you have to try and mimic the previous games content which sometimes can be tricky. Let's get into it then!

First off is the photoshoot Fancy Fan which was an eastern themed photo shoot taking place at the gorgeous Maple Crescent. Went with a yukata of course because that was my general go-to for eastern themed activities in the game. I'm digging this unique make-up style as it doesn't seem like something I'd usually go with. I'm guessing I just picked a make-up set or something because I normally wouldn't use this mascara.


Now that wonderful Maple Crescent was unfortunately removed in Styling Star so this recreation wasn't as exciting as I had to pick another location. I went with the park as it seemed the closest thing. The outfit wasn't tricky as the exact yukata was still in the game however I struggled with the make-up. The tones have changed between the two games so it was hard to match it perfectly. I ended up settling with this neon pink which looks silly but was the best thing I could find. The fan themed photo frame was still available so I used that to finish off the shoot.




Now we have the Rhythm and Blues photo shoot which I guess was a music themed one that I went with a bold outfit for. Never used bold too much in Fashion Forward so I was always excited to make outfits with it when the call came. I always go for these boots from AZ-USA for bold outfits as they are just so cool. Like a high heel boot combo thing and the colour range is great!



When I was trying to recreate the outfit for this shoot, I had so much trouble with the inner. I knew it was in the game but just couldn't find it! So I popped my Fashion Forward cartridge in and guess what? The top was still in Styling Star, just with a different colour palette! You can see in the original photo that it is quite vibrant and has more purple and yellow tones to it. But in Styling Star, it has been reduced to this darker toned one. Really threw me off guard once I figured it out, I wonder how many other items got a palette change like this drastic one. Another hurdle I encountered was the hairstyle as it seems the original one doesn't appear in Styling Star. So I went with another wavy look with coloured highlights. For the photo shoot, I couldn't locate the same pose of two of the photos and went with a variation that looked kinda similar. It's hard to pick the poses as the camera was slightly panned in Fashion Forward and sometimes flipped. At least I could use the same photo frame to tie in the music theme to the outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment